Expedia and refunds

Old May 18, 20, 2:15 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Surely you should be able to get a full refund even if the flight operates if (1) you have a fully refundable fare or (2) the airline has an applicable waiver policy stating that you're entitled to a refund.
My $100 ticket certainly isn't refundable
I wasn't aware that any airline (shorthaul/regional within Europe) was permitting a cash refund for flights that are not cancelled...
Old May 19, 20, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hornetcoach View Post
Today is a good day, the hotel refund just showed up in my account. It didn't take as long as I thought, the hotel cancelled on 4/21 so that is 17 days.
I still don't have an actual refund from Expedia in my Citi account despite the fact that they issued me a refund receipt several weeks ago for my AC flight reservation. I do have a temporary credit from my chargeback, though. Weird. Expedia seems to be sitting on these.

EDIT: I finally received notification today from Citi that my provisional credit is now permanent, so I assume Expedia finally (after almost 4 weeks) processed my credit card refund.

Last edited by iahphx; May 20, 20 at 3:17 pm
Old May 22, 20, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Friends still awaiting their London hotel refund 2-months after cancellation and keep getting the round around when the call the toll-free "help" desk.
Old Yesterday, 4:53 pm

The refund of the airfare just posted to my credit card. I am still waiting to hear from the insurance company if they will give a credit for the trip insurance. They said expect it to take 3 weeks, it has been 4 weeks so far.
Old Today, 8:29 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
My $100 ticket certainly isn't refundable
I wasn't aware that any airline (shorthaul/regional within Europe) was permitting a cash refund for flights that are not cancelled...
My ticket is for IT-CH travel, which remains restricted. Maybe the flight will be cancelled (and refundable) afterall...
Old Today, 10:40 am

Has anyone had any success getting a refund or credit for travel insurance from Expedia? I applied for a credit from AIG for the TravelGuard policies I bought from Expedia. They replied today that i have to contact Expedia. I called Expedia today, talked to the representative and a supervisor with no success. Since the insurance was part of a package and the other parts, hotel and flight were both cancelled, I am out $194. Since there was no trip to insure it seems to me I should get my money back in some form.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: