Expedia and refunds

Old May 18, 20, 2:15 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Surely you should be able to get a full refund even if the flight operates if (1) you have a fully refundable fare or (2) the airline has an applicable waiver policy stating that you're entitled to a refund.
My $100 ticket certainly isn't refundable
I wasn't aware that any airline (shorthaul/regional within Europe) was permitting a cash refund for flights that are not cancelled...
Old May 19, 20, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hornetcoach View Post
Today is a good day, the hotel refund just showed up in my account. It didn't take as long as I thought, the hotel cancelled on 4/21 so that is 17 days.
I still don't have an actual refund from Expedia in my Citi account despite the fact that they issued me a refund receipt several weeks ago for my AC flight reservation. I do have a temporary credit from my chargeback, though. Weird. Expedia seems to be sitting on these.

EDIT: I finally received notification today from Citi that my provisional credit is now permanent, so I assume Expedia finally (after almost 4 weeks) processed my credit card refund.

Last edited by iahphx; May 20, 20 at 3:17 pm
Old May 22, 20, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Friends still awaiting their London hotel refund 2-months after cancellation and keep getting the round around when the call the toll-free "help" desk.
Old May 25, 20, 4:53 pm

The refund of the airfare just posted to my credit card. I am still waiting to hear from the insurance company if they will give a credit for the trip insurance. They said expect it to take 3 weeks, it has been 4 weeks so far.
Old May 26, 20, 8:29 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
My $100 ticket certainly isn't refundable
I wasn't aware that any airline (shorthaul/regional within Europe) was permitting a cash refund for flights that are not cancelled...
My ticket is for IT-CH travel, which remains restricted. Maybe the flight will be cancelled (and refundable) afterall...
Old May 26, 20, 10:40 am

Has anyone had any success getting a refund or credit for travel insurance from Expedia? I applied for a credit from AIG for the TravelGuard policies I bought from Expedia. They replied today that i have to contact Expedia. I called Expedia today, talked to the representative and a supervisor with no success. Since the insurance was part of a package and the other parts, hotel and flight were both cancelled, I am out $194. Since there was no trip to insure it seems to me I should get my money back in some form.
Old Apr 3, 21, 2:03 pm

Over charging

I just tried to use my airline credits after cancelling a ticket and Expedia is trying to charge extra $220 for airport taxes. No where I could find that information and they didn't provide that either.
I can directly book the flight from the website without any hidden charges but they will not give the option to use airline credits.
Old Apr 3, 21, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What routing, carrier, class of service? How many passengers? What is the breakdown of the taxes?
Old Apr 3, 21, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
What routing, carrier, class of service? How many passengers? What is the breakdown of the taxes?
Transits at Philadelphia and Doha. Carriers are AA and Qatar. Just for 1 passenger.
When I tried to book the ticket for the first time (an agent was helping me via chat) he didn't mention how the tax breakdown. Then I called to the airline and requested a refund but they denied it.
But I was able to book the ticket for the price shown on the website. Do NOT chat with agents.
Old Apr 3, 21, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If the question is what is the breakdown for the taxes, that may be on your e-ticket receipt. But, you can certainly get it by calling AA.
Old Apr 3, 21, 5:41 pm

Thank you for letting me know!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: