Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Expedia Booking Question related to coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I booked LAX-CDG-VCE then return MXP-JFK-LAX on Expedia-AARP in Business all the way for $ 2800 but outbound booked into AF and return on Delta and now when I login to either I only see half the itinerary.
Is there a way to get it fixed so that it shows under one airline. Called AF and their ticket shows both outbound and return but they say they can not change it.
Hate to have two one way itineraries.
Any help or advise is appreciated.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by HenryY
I booked LAX-CDG-VCE then return MXP-JFK-LAX on Expedia-AARP in Business all the way for $ 2800 but outbound booked into AF and return on Delta and now when I login to either I only see half the itinerary.
Is there a way to get it fixed so that it shows under one airline. Called AF and their ticket shows both outbound and return but they say they can not change it.
Hate to have two one way itineraries.
Any help or advise is appreciated.
First off this is the wrong place to post questions like this. This sub is for good deals.
Second, and I may be ignorant to all of the nuances, but why is this a big deal?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

I was not sure where to post as it was on this forum I learned about discount deals on Expedia etc when booking flight/hotel combo.
Normally, I would not think twice about being booked on two different airlines but now with this COVID-19 panic, I wonder if i have to change things I would have to deal with two separate airlines.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by HenryY
I was not sure where to post as it was on this forum I learned about discount deals on Expedia etc when booking flight/hotel combo.
Normally, I would not think twice about being booked on two different airlines but now with this COVID-19 panic, I wonder if i have to change things I would have to deal with two separate airlines.
I suspect you will have to deal with the OTA.

Last edited by Gamecock; Mar 10, 2020 at 3:13 am
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
I had to cancel a booking with expedia - a flight/hotel combination. I received full credit for my flight to be used within a year of the original booking, the hotel was non refundable. However I had taken out the Expedia trip insurance policy which allows cancel/change for any reason and got my hotel refunded through the policy. Any airline change fee will also be refunded when I rebook. I was extremely impressed by the assistance I was given when I called to cancel. Give them a call, I had minimum wait time (in spite of the recorded message stating the contrary!).
I found that any changes/cancellations had to be made through Expedia and not the individual airlines; as they made your reservations they are best equipped to help you.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have one of these same deals that I am struggling with whether to cancel (will charge me $450 for a $2800 to CPT). I might not worry that much about seeing only part of the itinerary, anyway. Do this: check the ticket number for each "half". If it is the same, they are on one ticket. Also, when I view my receipt on Delta, it shows the whole itinerary there. Not sure if this will give you much reassurance, but that's what I can tell you. The Expedia call-back does work, eventually, and at least in my case I was able to discuss change/cancel fees.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
The Expedia call-back does work, eventually, and at least in my case I was able to discuss change/cancel fees.
not getting the expedia call back option right now....i just get a recording saying that they are experiencing technical difficulties & are working to resolve it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.