Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

AVOID - Outright fraud from Flightnetwork.com

AVOID - Outright fraud from Flightnetwork.com

Old Feb 4, 20, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum/Life Gold
Angry AVOID - Outright fraud from Flightnetwork.com

I have traveled heavily for years, and am usually loathe to book through travel agencies, either using our internal travel agents at jobs where I have had to do this, or directly with the airlines. I recently had to book a trip to Europe from N.A. and in various searches for the travel class I wanted, found a ticket on FN that was the best offer I could find, so I took a chance.

Wow. Not only was it NOT the fare class advertised, but their same-day cancellation guarantee is a complete scam and then I was outright lied to by their call agency staff. Let's not even mention the surprise "insurance" fee they charged without asking.

After being given the runaround from them and the insurance saying nobody could do anything, I gave up and opened an fraud claim and should get my $$ back from my card.

Definitely a learning reminder. Book with the airlines directly. Don't believe a thing any online agency says.
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:50 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Trying to cancel a ticket booked with an OTA, even when within the first 24 hours, always turns out difficult/impossible to achieve. No incentive on the part of the OTA to make it easy for you.
Old Feb 5, 20, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum/Life Gold
Well, after much gnashing of teeth, threats, and being loud, they have said they are crediting me back the cost of the ticket. Hopefully that is not also a falsehood.
Old Feb 5, 20, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You need to take your own advice. Don't book through opaque vendors. When everything goes right, it doesn't matter. But, when something doesn't, what seemed cheaper, isn't.

In this case, if there were unapproved charges or the vendor did not abide by its own terms & conditions, that is an easy chargeback. Don't get stuck on multiple calls. Just make certain, before you book, that you understand the restrictions and can live with them and that if you do book that you have those handy for your card issuer (bank) if a chargeback becomes necessary.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: