Unbookable fare through OTAs

Old Jan 29, 20, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, UA Premier Platinum
Unbookable fare through OTAs

I am trying to book a multi-city itinerary from DC to India and back in August on UA/LH. I find the rates I want on multiple dates in the first weekend of August through itasoftware, google flights, priceline, expedia, kayak etc, but when it comes to actually booking the ticket, there is always an error. UA web support says that the fare class on LH is unavailable hence unbookable. How are all the OTAs finding the fare then?
Old Jan 29, 20, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. What did LH say when you called to ask whether the fare basis is, in fact, available as a connection on the ticket you want?

2. Are you certain that the opaque vendors such as PL are marketing a single ticket or are they quoting you an itinerary involving two or more e-tickets?
Old Jan 29, 20, 8:41 am
Original Poster

I cannot find the T class fare on LH that the OTAs quote for their itineraries on either UA.com or Lufthansa.com. And yes, it is one ticket. Not doing the opaque option on PL.
Old Jan 29, 20, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by DLrunner View Post
I cannot find the T class fare on LH that the OTAs quote for their itineraries on either UA.com or Lufthansa.com. And yes, it is one ticket. Not doing the opaque option on PL.
As suggested earlier, call LH and ask.
DLrunner likes this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 11:43 am
Original Poster

LH says that there are no more T fares available on that day. I do not know why it shows up on the OTAs then,
Old Jan 30, 20, 1:35 am

LH says that there are no more T fares available on that day. I do not know why it shows up on the OTAs then,
Can you post the flights/dates and fare classes.

some travel agents will have allocations (where they have pre-paid for a block of seats) but Iím not sure that this is the case if you are finding this on a number of OTAs.
Old Jan 31, 20, 6:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Usually, the call center agents, which you reach via the LH hotline, usually only work with the same booking interface that the end-consumer will use at lufthansa.com.
Most of them cannot search for specific booking classes.
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:31 am
Original Poster

The itinerary I am looking for is WAS - BOM (connecting through EWR) on August 1st, and return is MAA-WAS (connecting through FRA) on August 23rd. The fares are very different if I do a WAS-BOM/MAA-WAS multicity search on that day versus if I do a WAS-EWR-BOM / MAA-FRA-WAS search for the same days
Old Feb 3, 20, 10:26 am

The itinerary I am looking for is WAS - BOM (connecting through EWR) on August 1st, and return is MAA-WAS (connecting through FRA) on August 23rd. The fares are very different if I do a WAS-BOM/MAA-WAS multicity search on that day versus if I do a WAS-EWR-BOM / MAA-FRA-WAS search for the same days
I can find it on UA code in T Class... it appears to be bookable £719.10

United Airlines Washington DCA Newark EWR UA4395 Economy (T) 15:00 Sat 01-Aug-20 16:20 Sat 01-Aug-20
United Airlines Newark EWR Bombay BOM UA48 Economy (T) 20:15 Sat 01-Aug-20 20:50 Sun 02-Aug-20
Lufthansa Madras MAA Frankfurt FRA LH759 Economy (T) 01:50 Sun 23-Aug-20 08:25 Sun 23-Aug-20
Lufthansa Frankfurt FRA Newark EWR LH402 Economy (T) 13:20 Sun 23-Aug-20 15:50 Sun 23-Aug-20
Old Feb 3, 20, 11:19 am
Original Poster

You are experiencing the same issue that I am calling out. It fails when you hit the "purchase" button on united.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: