Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Indication of systematic fraud by Opodo?

Indication of systematic fraud by Opodo?

Old Jan 27, 20, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Angry Indication of systematic fraud by Opodo?

Hi all,

I booked a SAS Business Class flight through Opodo/edreams (yes, big mistake, I know).
I also also bought their premium service package (no charges on their side for rebookings) because I knew I would almost certainly needed to rebook the return flight.

So, SAS has a fixed 180 rebooking fee in their rules as long as the booking class stays the same.
I was then charged 188.23 for the rebooking by Opodo (same booking class).
I then wrote an email to opodo to complain but they only answered that this money was charged by SAS and that they do not have any influence on that matter.

I then called SAS.
They confirmed that the rebooking price was indeed 180 but opodo somehow applied some kind of tax that and in total summed up to the 188.23 I was charged.
but then this money was refunded, so in total it should be 180 again.
That's what I was told by the SAS agent. He seemed to be quite irritated by this as well but just said 'maybe that's the way they need to do it.'.
Anyhow, of course I was never refunded this money.

But the story goes on. There's a 2nd passenger and I rebooked for him a day later for a different return date than mine (again, same booking class).
The same 'sceme' was applied. There was actually 1 extra charged by SAS because the return airport differed, so the total should have been 181 for the rebooking (I again confirmed this on the phone with SAS).
From Opodo I was charged 192.14.

So my obvious question is if anyone has ever experienced something similar.
I will contact Opodo again about this but it is such a pain in the ... to communicate with them.
the indians on the phone can't process these kinds of questions and refer you to issue a ticket via mail.
The answer I received today took 2 f..ing weeks for a reply that purely consisted of premade text blocks.
Thanks for listening :/
Old Jan 27, 20, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What exactly is this "tax"? You really need to get the details of what Opodo says it is.

Perhaps report to your countries trading ./ consumer regulator once you have details.
Old Jan 27, 20, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Well, Opodo did not mention the tax at all.
All they said was that the price I was charged was determined by the airline and they can't do anything about it.
Talking to the airline, this turned out to be a blatant lie.
It was opodo that added this tax that then got refunded (according to SAS)
I asked SAS if they could send me anything documenting this and what they were able to offer was the corresponding EMD.
They told me that it's cryptic to read which is true, so here it is. If someone with deeper knowledge could explain what the details mean I'd be delighted:

EMD-1171857604348 TYPE-S SYS-1A LOC-O7SLUR
INT-I FCI-0 0 POI-BER DOI-11JAN20 IOI-23255514
PAX- MYLASTNAME/MYFIRSTNAME
RFIC-D FINANCIAL IMPACT
REMARKS-
CPN-1 RFISC-996 SK S-O
VALUE-0.00
DESCRIPTION-REFUNDABLE BALANCES
PRESENT TO-SCANDINAVIAN AIRLINES
PRESENT AT-BERLIN
ICW-1176017698304
SERVICE REMARKS-