Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotels.com Reservation changed on its own

Old Jan 22, 20, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond

I arrived at my hotel in Melbourne this even to find they didn't have my reservation, which was made months ago. Did some digging in the hotels.com app and while my reservation in 'my bookings' showed the same hotel (actually serviced apartments) when I actually clicked into it the name of the hotel had changed to one a few Km down the road, albeit the photos and facility/room amenities was all as per the original hotel.... Spoke to hotels.com on the phone who insist that I changed the reservation on 4th December through the mobile app, but I absolutely categorically 100% didn't..!
Managed to get checked in at the random other hotel, which is a really good hotel (a Pullman) but doesn't have some of the stuff we specifically chose the original one for (particularly in room washer dryer and balcony, among other things).

I just wondered whether anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestion as to whether I can get some compensation out of hotels.com for the laundry charges were going to incur now (my wife and I only travel with carry on luggage so we plan in washing facilities at the places we stay - we're away for a long time this trip as it's our honeymoon)??

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: