Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline F itinerary in J search. All legs in F?

Old Nov 6, 19, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold

I've never booked a Priceline Express Deal but came across this situation today (see picture). I searched for a Business Class ticket for several dates and always found "Business" in the search result for the Express Deal option. In this one, however, it says "First", and note the search is for "Business". Since this is an opaque booking, it's impossible to see if this is an all "F" itinerary or simply domestic legs, even when clicking through to the next page(s). Priceline CS has been...unhelpful. Any experience or advice?
Old Nov 10, 19, 5:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Curious what did you end up doing?
Old Nov 10, 19, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Got a very decent $1000 discount off of KLM/DLís current J fare. Really wish I could have gotten an IFC fare if it was real but I suspect it was BA which is way better than their 8-across J but isnít much better than J on many carriers.
Old Nov 10, 19, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If we look at the list of trusted airlines in the OP, only the first three (UA, LH, and AA) offer IFC. It could be interesting to check whether any of these have routings that would be all FC the whole way to India, especially with the night and morning departure times. I'm assuming that the airline list means operated by and doesn't include codeshares.
Old Nov 11, 19, 9:47 am

Pretty sure UA doesn't so would be LH or BA (codeshare).
Old Nov 11, 19, 9:48 am
Original Poster

In my experience with Priceline, codeshares have popped up, which is why I invoked BA through an AA codeshare. BA flights also have timing that conform with reported takeoffs. Another datapoint I didn't report was 0-1 (1 obviously) layovers which eliminates AA unless through BA codeshare. I don't think it could be LH (no IFC from AUS-FRA) and the only 1 stops I could find with UA had the SFO/ORD/IAD-DEL leg on Air India (not UA codeshared) and AI doesn't appear on the Trusted Airlines.
Old Nov 12, 19, 5:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Since when does UA has IFC?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: