Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Booked with gate1.ca, wrong name, won't change

Old Nov 6, 19, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

Last edited by HoCat; Nov 18, 19 at 12:36 pm
Old Nov 6, 19, 11:57 am
Original Poster

If it's of interest to anyone, my French friend who works to implement websites for travelers suggested taking it up to social media and reporting it to the ECC (The European Consumer Centres Network) because it can fall under unfair competition or something like that.
Old Nov 6, 19, 2:36 pm

Yeah what I read on that site looks really sketchy, Things like: to correct a misspelled name you have to contact us and we will send you a pay link that you must use within an hour of us sending it to pay for the change or you are out of luck.

I would not recommend a charge back as they are still planning to offer you what you paid for (a ticket for AnnaChow) even though you meant to purchase a ticket for John. Charge back is for when you bought a ticket for John and they don't give you a ticket for John for whatever reason.

I don't have any solution for you unfortunately, but it might be worth it to keep trying to call them (during their business hours) until you get through. It's possible (though unlikely) you might luck into an agent that can be convinced to reach out to ANA and see if anything can be done based on the notes in your reservation.
Old Nov 10, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Another solution. Wait for a schedule change (the chance is high as your flights are in May, i.e. plenty of time until departure) and ask the OTA for a full refund/cancel the ticket as the schedule change is unacceptable to you. Obviously, you will have to buy a new ticket if you still want to travel.

Next time buy the ticket directly with the airline!
Old Nov 14, 19, 11:22 am

How different is the first name? If only 3 letters it sin't usually a problem.
Old Nov 18, 19, 12:34 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
How different is the first name? If only 3 letters it sin't usually a problem.
That's my favourite one: Ester vs Peter, just 2 letters difference. (NB - not all airlines request input of gender. And in today's world of undecipherable letter-salads, it can even be tricky )

Search this Thread
Search Engine: