Expedia: Cancelling Bundled Hotel

Old Aug 10, 19, 4:37 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
Expedia: Cancelling Bundled Hotel

Hello. I've noticed in a few searches that I can select a refundable hotel as part of my air + hotel bundle on Expedia. Just wondering ... what happens if I cancel the hotel? Does some mysterious amount of money (since the itinerary won't break hotel and air costs down) actually come back to me? Or is it lost?
Old Aug 11, 19, 5:12 am

Did this earlier this year with Expedia and got some money back for the hotel cancellation.
Old Aug 11, 19, 3:46 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
Was there any way four you to know ahead of time how much you'd get back?

If buying air + hotel gets me access to the super cheap P fares on United ... why wouldn't I just book the bundle and cancel the hotel immediately all the time?
Old Aug 13, 19, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by TBD View Post
Was there any way four you to know ahead of time how much you'd get back?

If buying air + hotel gets me access to the super cheap P fares on United ... why wouldn't I just book the bundle and cancel the hotel immediately all the time?
I don't remember - I think before the final cancellation button the refund amount was listed. I didn't save as after the cancellation price of airfare alone dropped slightly below what I paid.
Old Aug 13, 19, 11:34 am

If looking to bundle, put in search by cheapest hotel.. Sometimes a hostel will come up. I've seen them for as low as 11.00 p/n. If a super cheap P fare on United, add the hostel and no show the hostel. As I've read, the hotel & air are not "connected", so a no show for the hotel is not an issue.

Search this Thread