Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Can I get any money back? (hotel booked via Expedia)

Old Aug 8, 19, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

We are on the second day of a 2 night stay in Cabo. The first hotel was booked with Chase points with Expedia. To be frank the hotel was pretty poor in many respects and not the luxury experience we expected. I could have taken it up with the GM but there were certain things that I just couldn't see them fixing (bottom shelf alcohol and poor food with no buffet) for a supposed luxury all inclusive. Given that it's a really short trip and we're flying back tomorrow we decided to cut our losses and get out.

​So we made a new booking this morning at another hotel we've stayed at before, checked out early from hotel 1 and headed straight over. Now things are much better.

I've written off night 2 at the initial hotel as a loss. My wife says see if we can get anything back from the hotel or travel agent. So I thought I'd ask the seasoned travelers here... Is there anything I can get back?
Old Aug 8, 19, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Your query is best addressed on the Online Booking Forum. Please follow this thread as I move it to that forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel
Old Aug 9, 19, 9:33 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Do you have documentation (i.e. pictures) of the things that were below your expectations? If you can build a case that what was listed on Expedia was completely different than the actual service you received, I think that would be grounds for some sort of compensation. Without that proof, it would be very unlikely you'd receive anything.

Speaking from experience, you should really inform hotel management of any complaints you have while you are still there at the property. If you can document with the hotel (and possibly Expedia also) exactly what is happening while you're there, there is a chance they can remedy it immediately or offer to move you to another hotel on their dime instead of yours.
Old Aug 10, 19, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What was the price point and what were your expectations? Very few all inclusive properties would be considered genuine luxury.
Old Aug 10, 19, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
No.

1. You made no complaint so far. So even the Hotel #1 wanted to do something, the hotel can't do anything.

2. You changed your hotel without letting anyone know. You practically forfeited the night yourself.

3. As a UR redemption, there is nothing you can dispute. And Chase's benefit does not include any protection for service quality.

You are SOL.

Search this Thread