Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotels.com booking references translating to Expedia booking references?

Old Aug 4, 19, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP

Evening all,

having a bit of a mare with hotels.com on this trip

i wont bore you with the previous issues but current problem relates to an inadvertent double booking for a property in Cape Town- I thought id booked but was in Zimbabwe and the Internet was a bit buggy. No email ever came from hotels.com and no booking ever showed up in the app

so assuming id hallucinated the whole thing, I reattempted and was able to get a confirmed reservation, email and showing in the app

fast forward to arriving at the property and turns out I now have 2 reservations, charged for both and no showed from second one

dealing with hotels.com even as a gold member has been painful (ordinarily have resolution within 24 hours with these issues)

i would just dispute the 2nd transaction with my credit card company but this is more complicated at present as I need to phone in

my question is, the hotel has 2 reservation numbers from Expedia, which is usually how these things come through as hotels.coms parent. But neither bears any resemblance to either the one confirmation number shown on hotels.com email or the reference number on my credit card, neither does the ghost reservation number on my card, or either of the Expedia references come up when searched for on hotels.com or Expedia. Does anyone know how these numbers translate across providers?

thanks in advance!
Old Aug 4, 19, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you see the dates the reservations were made? Is it possible that the unrecognized glitch occurred when you attempted the booking the second time and apparently were successful?
Old Aug 4, 19, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Can you see the dates the reservations were made? Is it possible that the unrecognized glitch occurred when you attempted the booking the second time and apparently were successful?
one on my credit card for 1st August (around the same time I sent mr pants a text to say id booked the hotel). The second on the 3rd August when I was rebooking due to no reservation

hotels.com is apparently only able to see the second reservation (reference numbers on booking and credit card statement line up), but hotel can see both and card has been charged for both

Search this Thread