FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Flighthub issue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1979788-flighthub-issue.html)

mcbg1 Jul 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Flighthub issue

Months ago, I booked a very cheap flight to Australia with Flighthub. My ticket was issued on Qantas stock and i was supposed to fly YOW-YUL-LAX-MEL. However, my flight was recently changed to YOW-YYZ-YVR-MEL and these flights are all operated by Air Canada.

With that said, when I look up my booking on the Air Canada website, I see my new itinerary but I also see my LAX-MEL flight, meaning my ticket now has two segments flying to MEL.

I called Flighthub but the agent I talked to didn't seem to get what I was trying to say and assured me everything was OK. I talked to Air Canada and Qantas and they keep directing me to Flighthub to fix the issue since I booked with them.

Will the dead LAX-MEL segment give me any issue when I try to check in for my flight?

MSPeconomist Jul 23, 2019 6:00 pm

What segments do you see on your ticket?

Often1 Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm

No, it won't. Even if it remains "live" in error, it will be cancelled when you no show for it and you don't really care about that.

MSPeconomist Jul 23, 2019 6:05 pm

Seriously, please understand that there's a difference between a reservation (aka an itinerary or PNR) and a ticket. Your ticket needs to show the flight segments you will actually be flying, so if the ticket hasn't been reissued properly, you will have a big problem.

mcbg1 Jul 24, 2019 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31335257)
What segments do you see on your ticket?

On the Air Canada website, I see YOW-YYZ, YYZ-YVR, YVR-MEL and LAX-MEL.

The LAX-MEL segment doesn't show up in my FlightHub account or on the Qantas website.

Often1 Jul 24, 2019 8:18 am

All you care about is that you have an e-ticket valid for each segment of your reservation. Anything else is extraneous.

An e-ticket is a 17-digit number. 3 digits-14 digits.

If all of this is unfamiliar, simply call each operating carrier and ask them to verify that there is a valid e-ticket supporting each segment of the itinerary which they operate. If there is, you will be boarded (all other things being equal) and if there is not, you will not. If there is a problem, it is FlightHub's to fix.

MSPeconomist Jul 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by mcbg1 (Post 31336923)
On the Air Canada website, I see YOW-YYZ, YYZ-YVR, YVR-MEL and LAX-MEL.

The LAX-MEL segment doesn't show up in my FlightHub account or on the Qantas website.

I suspect that the website is showing your reservation/itinerary/PNR rather than the ticket. Look carefully at your ticket receipt, with the ticket number.

In many cases you can see the current ticket status (not itinerary/reservation/PNR) on the Saudia website, which works surprisingly well for this purpose.

mcbg1 Jul 29, 2019 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31352072)
I suspect that the website is showing your reservation/itinerary/PNR rather than the ticket. Look carefully at your ticket receipt, with the ticket number.

In many cases you can see the current ticket status (not itinerary/reservation/PNR) on the Saudia website, which works surprisingly well for this purpose.

Just tried that and I don't see the LAX-MEL segment so I should be good to go. Thanks!