Booking.Com-Good Experience

Old Jul 8, 19, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Booking.Com-Good Experience

I booked a couple of weeks ago the Tampa Sailport Watersde Suites on Rocky Point for $103 all in on booking.com. Today I saw on Agoda it was $93 all in so I filed the BRG and it was approved for a 1 bedroom Conservation view Suite. As Waterfront is an independent hotel I get free WIFI either way and they don't have a Frequent Stay Program. While the rate is nonrefundable we are saving $27 vs booking directly for the same nonrefundable rate.

The Hotel is an all suite property with a free shuttle to TPA airport and surrounding restaurants and has a Full Kitchen, Restaurant on site and a pool. I was looking at other properties such as the Westin at it was $200 for a small room for my Parents and myself. Embassy Suites is going for $174 for November after our cruise.

A nondescript La Quinta was going for the same rate. I am very happy we booked into the Sailport as its got 8.4 out of 10. The $27 savings will go towards our meals.

I called up the hotel and to make our requests and the friendly front desk agent is hooking us up with Drink certificates at their bar.

Overall am very pleased with the booking! I think we did rather well considering there is a big game going on between New Orleans and Tampa.
Old Aug 16, 19, 10:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A List, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz 5*
So the strange thing is Agoda and Booking are the same company. I highly suspect it was part of the same inventory/block that Booking parent had with the property, but they used different rates to advertise. It is possible Kayak might have shown you an even different rate.

Search this Thread