Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Considering GoToGate - risk assessment needed

Old Jun 25, 19, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

I know I should always book direct but GoToGate has $355 tickets from CVG to Paris (Iberia) in March 2020.

I don't think I could afford to take my whole family there any other way (Ibera direct is about $2,800 for four) so I'm considering biting. I know I'm hosed if I need to "make changes" but if we take the flight as scheduled, no checked baggage, what is the real risk? They seem to have a nearly perfect rating on skyscanner with 5,000+ feedback. So not sure if all the bad reviews are just the ones that get heard on the internet (vs satisfied experiences which don't feel compelled to provide feedback).

Appreciate any and all comments - thank you!
Old Jun 26, 19, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Do check reviews on TripAdvisor, there are many to read. Also read their T&Cs. Regarding the price do check if it is live pricing. You may give them your credit card details only to be told, the fare is no longer available blah blah
Old Jun 26, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
You should take that offer if the savings are substantial. I dont think GoToGate reviews are any worse than most other OTA.

Anyway, if there is no need for you to reschedule and as long as a flight is not cancelled or retimed making your itinerary impossible, you should be fine (and shouldn't hesitate to book). Only in case of invol. schedule changes or cancellations it can be pain to work with the OTA rather than the airline directly. Also keep in mind that 24 hours before departure the operating carrier will be in charge of your tickets and thus any IRROPS from the first day of travelling will be dealt with by the airline rather than GoToGate (that should be comforting as well).

As long as you are able to proceed with the purchase at the price indicated online, you should be fine. No need to worry afterwards.
Old Jun 26, 19, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Also keep in mind that 24 hours before departure the operating carrier will be in charge of your tickets and thus any IRROPS from the first day of travelling will be dealt with by the airline rather than GoToGate (that should be comforting as well)..
I did not know this! Thanks for the information. Appreciate all replies and will proceed as advised. Great forum!
Old Jun 26, 19, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I think Iberia has economy light fares that do not include luggage. If this is true check if that fare is what gotogate is quoting. All the best. Let us know how you get on.

Search this Thread