Wiki Posts
Search

Which OTA's display "Fare Class"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Which OTA's display "Fare Class"

One of the things that frustrate me the most when booking online is the increasing trend of Online Travel Agencies to NOT show the "Fare Class" or "Fare Rules" upon initial search. This is followed by OTA's that continue to NOT show the Fare Class or rules after entering personal details and then finally NOT showing any rules whatsoever once the ticket is purchased. Even more frustrating is when in some cases the only way to know what rules are in effect is to contact the agency after the fact only to be told the most restrictive rules apply. Even worse is when you must pay for this customer service.

The only way I know to be informed is to be able to see the fare class or fare rule on initial search. It is for this reason I search Expedia as this is one of the few sites that divulge such details in advance.

What other online travel agencies are transparent in divulging the Fare Class in advance?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Why use an OTA at all instead of booking direct?

Travelocity and Orbitz show booking classes as well as fare rule summaries.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:50 am

fareboom shows booking class and fare basis. I have never booked anything through this OTA though.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:30 am

Also, faredepot shows fare basis whose first character is normally the booking class.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by kentauta
fareboom shows booking class and fare basis. I have never booked anything through this OTA though.
fareboom often shows private fares which can be of a different fare class / earning structure than on other otas.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert

fareboom often shows private fares which can be of a different fare class / earning structure than on other otas.
Are you referring to fare basis with a ticket designator or something else? (Just trying to figure out what private fares you mean look like on the website).
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Why use an OTA at all instead of booking direct?
Certain (more complicated) tickets cannot be booked directly at the airline site, e.g. a multi-stop journeys.
Some airline sites are just awful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.