Which OTA's display "Fare Class"

Old Jun 9, 19, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Alaska, ANA, JAL
Which OTA's display "Fare Class"

One of the things that frustrate me the most when booking online is the increasing trend of Online Travel Agencies to NOT show the "Fare Class" or "Fare Rules" upon initial search. This is followed by OTA's that continue to NOT show the Fare Class or rules after entering personal details and then finally NOT showing any rules whatsoever once the ticket is purchased. Even more frustrating is when in some cases the only way to know what rules are in effect is to contact the agency after the fact only to be told the most restrictive rules apply. Even worse is when you must pay for this customer service.

The only way I know to be informed is to be able to see the fare class or fare rule on initial search. It is for this reason I search Expedia as this is one of the few sites that divulge such details in advance.

What other online travel agencies are transparent in divulging the Fare Class in advance?
Old Jun 11, 19, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Why use an OTA at all instead of booking direct?

Travelocity and Orbitz show booking classes as well as fare rule summaries.