Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to change a hotwire trip?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any way to change a hotwire trip?

I booked a car on Hotwire for a trip I plan on taking next week. Unfortunately a job interview that my travel companion has been waiting for four months came up so we have to change the date of the trip by 1 day. Any chance I can either convince hotwire to let me start (and end) my trip a day late or cancel the reservation?

For whatever it's worth, Hotwire has the WORST phone system I've ever dealt with. At least half the time you press whatever # you want to go to the next menu and it never connects you. I've been hung up on repeatedly after being placed on hold as well.

Last edited by catbox9; Jun 7, 2019 at 10:29 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
If booked as a "Hot Rate", you will not be able to modify or cancel. If a regular rate, you should be able to change online.

IMHO, with all the available (ethical) affiliate codes and price shopping websites available, prepaying a for a non-refundable rental car is rarely worth the savings.
Often1 and Yoshi212 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.