GF Fare Codes

Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
GF Fare Codes

I have not had any luck searching for this topic so apologies if it has been covered previously.

I fly a few partner airlines of AS and apply the miles to my AS Mileage Plan. As we all know, the AS agreement assigns different mileage accrual based on the fare codes (100%, 75% & 50%).

Is there a quick method that I can search on Google Flights that will immediately reflect the fare code?

The only option I see is the option, "Economy, Premium Economy, Business" but I want to display fare codes in Economy only. Currently, I am having to choose an itinerary and then take several additional steps of the purchase prior to the fare code being displayed.

Is there a better search engine to achieve this?

Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:14 pm

matrix.itasoftware.com

hit the "advanced controls" toggle

routing codes: CX+ (put the partner airline, eg CX+ for one or more flights on CX)
extension codes: f bc=B|bc=D (forcing booking class = B or D

note, caveats apply
eg: codeshares/regional may cause issues with booking class mapping or accural (likely get KA on regional flights out of HKG, or codeshare gets mapped to another booking class)
eg: Note: the actual booking class used may be different due to being overridden by the carrier's booking code exception table.
eg: it's possible to book a D fare class, but actual flight leg may be in P due to the booking code exception table

you can still see the "final" booking code before booking... so matrix does help a little
arcticflier likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Matrix ITA vs GF

@paperwastage.

I followed your instructions on MatrixITA. I really appreciate your advice.

Historically, on US to BKK flights, I have usually found GF to have cheaper fares than MatrixITA.

Is this a common experience?

Thanks All.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by arcticflier
@paperwastage.

I followed your instructions on MatrixITA. I really appreciate your advice.

Historically, on US to BKK flights, I have usually found GF to have cheaper fares than MatrixITA.

Is this a common experience?

Thanks All.
which OTA does GF eventually point you to? you should be able to compare the fare basis (and taxes/...) with matrix

sometimes OTAs have some non-public fares (especially for premium class). matrix only has public published fares (available to any OTA)

you should also take a look at amex - they have discounted premium class tickets through their OTA
arcticflier likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.