Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Fiji Airways cancelled my flight and gave me a terrible reroute, advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Airways cancelled my flight and gave me a terrible reroute, advice?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by strickerj
It’s funny how they can charge us extra for certain dates or nonstops over connections, but unilaterally change it without compensation?
Airlines do charge premiums for non-stop (and direct) flights, and one should be certain that a route or frequency is going to stick around before buying. Not easy for a neophyte, I will admit. Tough when they cancel the non-stop. At least a refund was offered (as should be)..

I once had to chase around flights as my origination point had its frequency cut back, then the alternate that I was booked on was eliminated, so I had to cross the border to get to start the trip (AM service to Canada, eiminated because of imposition of visa requirements by the Canadian government of the day).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
It's disappointing, but if you look at the contract (which includes their terms of carriage), I'd bet you find that there is a clause that allows the airline to change the schedule or routing due to operational needs. Thye've only contracted point A to point B. They haven't altered the contract at all, and a refund is possible, so there's nothing to sue for, especially as they've specifically covered detrimental reliance in their contract.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.