Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Multi city flight on different airlines (separate tickets) no longer showing

Old Feb 18, 19, 3:26 am
Original Poster

I'm looking to book a trip from LHR-FCO-CAG and back next week. The only return fare that books on one ticket is on Aitialia. When I was looking last week, I could price up a multi city fare which gave me the LHR-FCO and return legs on BA, then FCO-CAG on Aitailia. Now when I search this option no longer comes up (on my work TA, also on google flights and ITA matrix). I can still however book the BA ticket as a separate return, then also the Aitailia ticket separately.

Does anyone know why this would no longer show as an option to book in a single transaction? I've checked the filters and I've set it to show itineries with separate tickets.

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 19, 5:51 am

Programs: AA MM; AS Gold; Nexion, LLC/Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by brokenspirit View Post
Does anyone know why this would no longer show as an option to book in a single transaction? I've checked the filters and I've set it to show itineries with separate tickets.
Thanks
Does seem a bit odd. If LHR-FCO and FCO-CAG are going to be separate tickets, even buying with "one click" would result in separate charges on your card for each ticket. There is no reason your TA should not be able to book in one itinerary (ticketing each carrier's flights separately) if a consolidated invoice is important for reporting/reimbursement. A single itinerary is not going to provide any benefit in this case with respect to delays/cancellations.
Old Feb 18, 19, 6:17 am
Original Poster

After more investigation, it seems that the FCO-CAG flight seems to be the issue. There previously was a code share on TAP for the Aitalia flight, which is now sold out even though the Aitalia code shows a lot of availability. If I select an earlier flight for this particular leg, it prices up.

Unfortunately our TA charges around 40 for a phone booking, and they will probably try and convince me to book the whole itinery with Aitalia - previous dealings with them they are not particularly savvy

Search this Thread