Community
Wiki Posts
Search

double charge from Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:05 am
Original Poster

double charge from Priceline

Before I stress myself out dealing with CIBC Visa ( client for 35 years) and Priceline ( client since they launched the company) has anyone had this situation. I was at MIA on Jan 10th ( 4 days ago) and my flight was oversold, so I rolled to the next mornings flight. I was looking at priceline for a hotel and was part way through filling in my info for a hotel when my phone shut down. I did not get to the area where you click on the "buy " button. When I restarted my phone, a new hotel at a lower rate was showing up and I decided to book that hotel. This morning I was reviewing my charges from my last trip and I see 2 hotels charged for the same night stay, 2 different prices. Though I did start an online chat with priceline, all they keep telling you is it is non refundable. so I just closed out chat, as we all realize it is non refundable. I am planning to call CIBC, and ask them to reverse the charge, but wondering if I am wasting my time. Unfortunately, I did not use my AMEX card as I already had the visa stored in the app. Lesson learned.... as I know AMEX handles reversal requests expeditiously.

Anyone have a similar situation that was settled in your favor?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Just hung up from Visa. They refuse to dispute for me, they tell me that Hotels and Car Rentals cannot be disputed but they could not explain why that is. Does anyone know the answer to that. I will definitely think twice about booking through priceline again. I definitely did not agree to 2 rooms that evening. If I had used my AMEX Card, do any of you know if they would have reversed the charge/disputed this for me?

UPDATE Spoke to AMEX and they definitely would have disputed this charge for me. Lesson learned

Last edited by burkesh; Jan 14, 2019 at 7:37 am Reason: update
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Of course you can file a dispute. But, doing it by phone is never a good idea and your card issuer (bank) may certainly pick and choose what it accepts by phone.

While I am certain that CIBC accepts chargebacks by webform, your only legal protection is if the dispute is filed in writing and mailed to the address provided for disputes on your statement. In this case, I would advise putting the dispute in writing.

The sole consideration here is not whether you have IT problems, but whether you hit "SEND", e.g. "BUY". If you did, then you are properly SOL. If you did not, then that is a flaw on the PL side.

When you file your dispute, make it much, much, much shorter and stick to what is significant, e.g., that you did not complete the transaction.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by burkesh
Before I stress myself out dealing with CIBC Visa ( client for 35 years) and Priceline ( client since they launched the company) has anyone had this situation. I was at MIA on Jan 10th ( 4 days ago) and my flight was oversold, so I rolled to the next mornings flight. I was looking at priceline for a hotel and was part way through filling in my info for a hotel when my phone shut down. I did not get to the area where you click on the "buy " button. When I restarted my phone, a new hotel at a lower rate was showing up and I decided to book that hotel. This morning I was reviewing my charges from my last trip and I see 2 hotels charged for the same night stay, 2 different prices. Though I did start an online chat with priceline, all they keep telling you is it is non refundable. so I just closed out chat, as we all realize it is non refundable. I am planning to call CIBC, and ask them to reverse the charge, but wondering if I am wasting my time. Unfortunately, I did not use my AMEX card as I already had the visa stored in the app. Lesson learned.... as I know AMEX handles reversal requests expeditiously.

Anyone have a similar situation that was settled in your favor?
we booked a room on Priceline on June 18th and the charge came off of my card clearly on my bank statement and then two days ago almost two months later they sent us an email saying that by mistake they didn't charge us for that day and we're going to take the money out on August 13th I called them to tell them they already got the money they have no idea what I'm talking about and had to escalate it I had to call my bank and report this and will possibly have to call back and fight it if they try to take the money out again but they are definitely trying to charge me again Skyrim I already paid for a two months ago and clearly came off of my bank account confirmed by my bank

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.