Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Justfly....scam?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Justfly....scam?

Justfly sold me 2 tickets IAD-LAX, the first on Alaska in "Economy", the return on United in Basic Economy. During the booking process, the site offered an upgrade for $15 each person, each way, to include extra legroom, priority boarding, and 2 checked bags. Gladly paid. In trying to secure seat assignments on Alaska after paying upgrade fee, I found I could not secure assignments unless I upgraded to.premium class for an additional $99, which would include, interestingly, extra legroom, priority boarding, and free drinks. My question should be obvious: what did the $15 x4 fee cover? Why can't I get seat assignments on Alaska? JUstfly hasn't replied to me after emailing, messaging on twitter. Called and was given runaround after being scolded for emailing incorrect address (the only one identifiable). Emailed the provided address, with no response. Any ideas on how to proceed further? I prefer they live up to the offer, but know I've been scammed.

Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
It's a scam. I know others who've paid $15 to select extra legroom seats on Hawaiian--nothing happened (no seat assignments), except another $15 collected by Justfly X 8 pax.

Was their fare materially lower than booking through more conventional channels, or did you book with them specifically due to the low upgrade offer?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If it's $15 to "upgrade" to "standard economy" this would mean not having Basic Economy, wouldn't it? However, this isn't consistent with the extra legroom, priority boarding etc. except that you would now be able to buy these things since you're no longer in Basic Economy.
strickerj and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If it's $15 to "upgrade" to "standard economy" this would mean not having Basic Economy, wouldn't it? However, this isn't consistent with the extra legroom, priority boarding etc. except that you would now be able to buy these things since you're no longer in Basic Economy.
It's a scam. They collect money for options they cannot actually provide and then make it a nightmare to contact them for help/refund when your reservation with the airline does not reflect what you've paid for.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:39 am

I have the option of booking through Justfly for a flight for 4 people that would be $2200 where the airline and other booking agencies are quoting me $2200 per person. Any thoughts on this? I've read so many online reviews discussing their scam techniques. Should I assume that this is the same or possibly a price mistake?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by TravelingNomads
I have the option of booking through Justfly for a flight for 4 people that would be $2200 where the airline and other booking agencies are quoting me $2200 per person. Any thoughts on this? I've read so many online reviews discussing their scam techniques. Should I assume that this is the same or possibly a price mistake?
Given the amounts are identical, it sounds more like an error in their booking engine--maybe they are just pricing one passenger. You could try booking and see if you get 4 ticket numbers on your receipt (should also show up on your credit card transaction detail). I assume you can cancel online within 24 hours without calling them, but I don't actually know.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by TravelingNomads
Assuming Justfly have the correct price for 4 people, you can book with them, however, you should carefully read their terms and conditions and from what I can see, if you cancel you might not get back any of the money paid or expect them to charge a fee anywhere between $75 and $250 US dollars. If you are not prepared for the worst case scenario, you should not hand over your money. I am sure many passengers have booked with them with little or no issues, but there are too many negative reviews across the internet for me to have any confidence in them.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:37 am

I decided to pay an extra $1,000 to go with Condor & their premium seats which will supposedly give us a little more leg room for the cats. The price was right with Justfly, but I didn't want to chance it with 2 cats and 2 kids and a lot of luggage. Maybe if we were just doing a long weekend somewhere with only carry-on, but not for this trip where we'd be stopping in countries that would require a visa if we were there longer than 24 hrs and all of that. It just sounded like a nightmare waiting to happen and the reviews for them were not good at all.
NYC Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.