Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

HotelQuickly - Cancelling bookings/no refunds

Old Dec 17, 18, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold

For anyone who might have bookings with HotelQuickly, they appear to have cash flow problems and are cancelling bookings and not able to offer refunds. Lots of people turning up at hotels around the world this week to find they havenít got a booking.
Old Dec 17, 18, 5:04 pm

This is relatively ongoing with them. I had a reservation in Abu Dhabi for Grand Prix weekend in November, arrived at my hotel to be told it was canceled. The hotel offered to rebook me -- at 3x the cost of the original reservation, which I'd made months ago. Thank goodness I had some extra Hyatt points lying around to use. Everywhere in the city was seriously marked up.

I pursued a refund through my credit card company and it was processed immediately. Good luck.
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Article on a rejected HotelQuickly booking in Krakow, Poland, in yesterday's (December 17, 2018) Boston Globe here. Same eventual resolution: traveler found another room and got a refund from his credit card issuer.
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Moving to the Other Travel Agencies forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz moderator

Search this Thread