Kayak Hacker Fares

Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Premier Gold, Pan Am WorldPass (disc.), Hertz Gold, IHC Gold Elite, Marriott Plat. Elite
Kayak Hacker Fares

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but here goes:

Today on Kayak I requested an airfare with the itinerary of JFK-FRA-PVG-JFK in Business Class. One of the first returns was a 'Hacker Fare' that seemed just too cheap to be true. Can someone please educate me a bit about these Hacker Fares? Are they legit? Can you earn miles if you use them? Will the airlines shown actually accept these bookings?

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: QF WP
The only hacker fare I ever bought was just 2 singles to make a return (BA and vueling IIRC, to make a LGW-BCN return). I had to pay in 2 separate transactions (directly to BA and vueling), and got all the points/status recognition I would have got any other way
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF WP
Kayak page confirming it’s essentially just 2 or more singles rather than a formal round trip/multi city itinerary

https://www.kayak.com/news/hacker-fare/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.