Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Is this a good itinerary for SFO-CPH?

Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

I want to fly one-way SFO to CPH on August 1 or 2, 2019 in business class using miles. I signed up with one of the booking services that came up with SFO-HOU economy, HOU-LHR business class, and LHR-CPH economy for 57.5K miles plus $500+ in fees. Presumably this is mostly a BA fuel surcharge. I'm not too keen on spending that amount of money on a two-stop itinerary that includes two coach legs, but the service says that it's probably the best I'll get during peak summer season.

I'd like opinions from experienced travelers. Should I take this itinerary or hold out for something better? The date is not flexible beyond that two-day window. I have sufficient miles with American Airlines and also Chase Ultimate Rewards points that I can use.

Thank you.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
When there is a direct SAS flight and several 1-stop connections (SFO-Europe-CPH) I wouldn't book this. Most likely a better option will appear - however, it may be closer to your dep. date than you feel comfortable and you need to keep looking.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
If you're willing to position up to SEA and burn 70k Chase UR, there's an Aer Lingus/SAS option entirely in J on the 2nd. I'd look and try a few gateways based on where you're willing to position, particularly with AA's recent married segment shenannigans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.