FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Share my experience of booking flights on Skyhi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1932097-share-my-experience-booking-flights-skyhi.html)

zhengd Sep 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Share my experience of booking flights on Skyhi

Days ago I saw Skyhi ads on my Ins page. It provides flat price flights tickets on upcoming 10 days once you signed up for $199/month membership. As for me, some times I randomly choose a leisure travel destination for weekend, and it costs a lot to book those tickets in close dates. But in Skyhi, flights up to 1000 miles costs $35, flights up to 2000 miles costs $75 and flights up to 3000 miles costs $120, all prices include everything. I was surprised that it includes some international destinations like Mexico City and some European cities.

Skyhi allows you book two flights at one time. So for upcoming week, I have a flight from Seattle to Orlando, stop at New York City, which costs $120, and flight from Orlando to Houston which costs $35(UA listed $170). Those flights I booked with Skyhi are both count PQM, PQS and PQD in UA program. So When you book a ticket, look for the same flight on its carrier then you will find out how many miles you are able to get.

DuncanCrowdSync Mar 20, 2019 5:04 pm

I've been using SkyHi for the last 2 months, it's been great and alot of good availability. BUT.... Just about all my tickets book into Basic Economy which sucks as a I only generally book American. I use to not have a problem calling American and paying generally $30 fee to upfare to a regular economy ticket still generally coming out ahead saving $60-$100 net per ticket.

American has recently changed their policy and have been having alot of issues trying to upfare, I usually try the 24 hour change rules but it will sometimes take 3-4 agents and HUCAing.

Mike Samana Mar 30, 2019 11:28 pm

How does the booking process go?

Originally Posted by DuncanCrowdSync (Post 30910855)
I've been using SkyHi for the last 2 months, it's been great and alot of good availability. BUT.... Just about all my tickets book into Basic Economy which sucks as a I only generally book American. I use to not have a problem calling American and paying generally $30 fee to upfare to a regular economy ticket still generally coming out ahead saving $60-$100 net per ticket.

American has recently changed their policy and have been having alot of issues trying to upfare, I usually try the 24 hour change rules but it will sometimes take 3-4 agents and HUCAing.

Im a 16 yearold looking to use skyhi, can i choose my dob or is it automatic?

TravelinSperry Oct 2, 2019 6:52 am

Originally Posted by DuncanCrowdSync (Post 30910855)

Thanks for your experience. I was wondering about this issue as well. Do you have an AA credit card? If you use it I understand you still get priority boarding and checked baggage (i.e., does AA recognize the booking as an AA cc one?) Also - do you get all your regular status benefits, including EQDs and miles (i.e., are you able to place your ff# into your reservation)?

Assuming all the above are a go - sounds like the only issue is accepting middle seats as per basic economy (unless one wants to upfare, which I've never heard of)