Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Arrg, great price & time for LED-MSY vis CheapoAir.com but overly long layover in USA

Arrg, great price & time for LED-MSY vis CheapoAir.com but overly long layover in USA

Old Aug 28, 18, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

It looks like I've found an almost great combo via Finnair & American for $571 RT, but the complete booking has a freaking 6 hour layover in ORD. Looking at list of ORD-MSY for American, I see there is a flight with much more reasonable 3 hr layover. And doing this all in one haul, any excess layover time is too much! Do you think that the airlines that are feeding CheapoAir this are intentionally not giving this combination, so to entice someone to pay more?
Old Aug 29, 18, 8:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Yeah, this has been seen many times before also with other carriers. Or also the later flight is less busy than the MSY flight you prefer.
Old Aug 30, 18, 11:37 am

You might be able to stand by on AA for an earlier flight if seats are available. Check the AA forum for more info.
Old Aug 30, 18, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I'm not familiar with American/Finnair rules, but if you have status you might be able to do a "same day change" without charge and improve things. Delta (Skyteam) has the feature, and American is pretty competitive with them so may well have also.
Old Aug 30, 18, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

I decided to get a flight that included LHR-MSY for $666, with a $50 overnight hotel @ LHR. My body clock will be fine when I get home. I am not so "cheap" that I will put up with being dog-tired just to save $130.
Old Aug 30, 18, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
You might be able to stand by on AA for an earlier flight if seats are available. Check the AA forum for more info.
That's an idea, but could backfire if AA doesn't have the seat. Ironically, back when I used to do a complete, no-sleep-layover from KPB or LED to MSY, I missed a connection in MIA, and I was up 30 hours before I got home - NEVER AGAIN!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: