Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Refund for cancelled flights - crystal travel

Refund for cancelled flights - crystal travel

Old Jul 29, 18, 9:22 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Refund for cancelled flights - crystal travel

has anyone had any experience with crystal travel? I am having a really horrible experience with them! I wanted to book 10 seats to TLV from LHR, the fare was an error and the lady who booked it for me wasnít the brightest. She ended up booking 8 of us on a mistake fare (£2500 in total) and 2 on the correct one (£830). The tickets on the error fare were cancelled by BA, and the agent assured me that all 10 tickets would be cancelled not just the 8. Well the other flight bookings are still active and she somehow managed to book a 2 year old on a seat on his own.
Iíve disputed the transactions with Amex as I was told Iíd receive the refunds around a month ago(!). So Iíve left it in their hands, the agent is saying that they are waiting for the airline to refund them, which I donít believe, and this was 3 weeks ago. Also not sure how the airline will refund them if 2 tickets are still live. Should I raise it with ABTA as well? Just a word of warning to anyone considering booking with these cowboys - donít.
yas212 is offline  
Old Jul 29, 18, 10:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 5,088
Originally Posted by yas212 View Post
has anyone had any experience with crystal travel? I am having a really horrible experience with them! I wanted to book 10 seats to TLV from LHR, the fare was an error and the lady who booked it for me wasn’t the brightest. She ended up booking 8 of us on a mistake fare (£2500 in total) and 2 on the correct one (£830). The tickets on the error fare were cancelled by BA, and the agent assured me that all 10 tickets would be cancelled not just the 8. Well the other flight bookings are still active and she somehow managed to book a 2 year old on a seat on his own.
I’ve disputed the transactions with Amex as I was told I’d receive the refunds around a month ago(!). So I’ve left it in their hands, the agent is saying that they are waiting for the airline to refund them, which I don’t believe, and this was 3 weeks ago. Also not sure how the airline will refund them if 2 tickets are still live. Should I raise it with ABTA as well? Just a word of warning to anyone considering booking with these cowboys - don’t.
There is amlot of discussion about this fare and OTA’s here Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
I will ask mods to merge.

Edit: I see you have already posted about this same thing in that thread. No need for a new thread.
Finkface is online now  
Old Jul 29, 18, 12:15 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
I have sorry, it was just an update as not sure where to go from here and thought the thread was dead, but yeah if it can be merged or I can just update there
yas212 is offline  
Old Jul 29, 18, 6:48 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 42,820
I am not sure why BA would cancel the two properly-issued tickets.

If those two tickets have not yet been cancelled, yet you have disputed the 1,660 for the two properly-issued tickets, that would account for it taking more than a couple of days to see at least an acknowledgement from Amex that the refund will be posted.

What did you dispute and when?

Once you file the dispute, leave BA and the TA out of it as they are not part of this.
Often1 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 18, 5:30 am
  #5  
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Suwanee,Ga ,usa
Posts: 3,611
This seems to be an issue related to this online booking and not BA, per se. I'll leave this post here.
jabez is offline  
Old Jul 30, 18, 6:24 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
I wanted a booking for 10 people. I was made a booking for 8 and then another for 2. We need to travel together, it is not an option to travel separately. Agreed this issue is not to do with BA but the TA should be involved as they have said that all 10 tickets have been cancelled when they haven't. I disputed both transactions with amex around 3 weeks ago as the TA said I would receive my refund around then.
Additionally BA have said that they will issue us £100 voucher each as compensation but they cannot do that as two of the passenger's tickets are still live. I think maybe it is better to leave amex to deal with it and if it is not going anywhere, I'll get ABTA involved.
yas212 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 18, 7:01 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 42,820
Originally Posted by yas212 View Post
I wanted a booking for 10 people. I was made a booking for 8 and then another for 2. We need to travel together, it is not an option to travel separately. Agreed this issue is not to do with BA but the TA should be involved as they have said that all 10 tickets have been cancelled when they haven't. I disputed both transactions with amex around 3 weeks ago as the TA said I would receive my refund around then.
Additionally BA have said that they will issue us £100 voucher each as compensation but they cannot do that as two of the passenger's tickets are still live. I think maybe it is better to leave amex to deal with it and if it is not going anywhere, I'll get ABTA involved.
Amex typically responds within a business day or two. I would call Amex and ask what the issue is.

It is almost certainly that the two tickets for which you are seeking a chargeback credit are still "live" and thus, presuming that you booked them and there is nothing wrong with them, not subject to dispute and raising all manner of concerns by Amex. The other 8 tickets seem clear and ought to be easy.

As to the two "live" tickets, you may need to have the TA cancel them and there will then be a fight about whether and who absorbs the losses.
Often1 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 18, 7:07 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Amex typically responds within a business day or two. I would call Amex and ask what the issue is.

It is almost certainly that the two tickets for which you are seeking a chargeback credit are still "live" and thus, presuming that you booked them and there is nothing wrong with them, not subject to dispute and raising all manner of concerns by Amex. The other 8 tickets seem clear and ought to be easy.

As to the two "live" tickets, you may need to have the TA cancel them and there will then be a fight about whether and who absorbs the losses.
Thanks for your reply. They have promised that all 10 tickets have been cancelled, they have only just now said that in an email (thank goodness I now have some written proof!!).
yas212 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread