FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Refund for cancelled flights - crystal travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1922361-refund-cancelled-flights-crystal-travel.html)

yas212 Jul 29, 2018 9:22 am

Refund for cancelled flights - crystal travel

has anyone had any experience with crystal travel? I am having a really horrible experience with them! I wanted to book 10 seats to TLV from LHR, the fare was an error and the lady who booked it for me wasn’t the brightest. She ended up booking 8 of us on a mistake fare (£2500 in total) and 2 on the correct one (£830). The tickets on the error fare were cancelled by BA, and the agent assured me that all 10 tickets would be cancelled not just the 8. Well the other flight bookings are still active and she somehow managed to book a 2 year old on a seat on his own.
I’ve disputed the transactions with Amex as I was told I’d receive the refunds around a month ago(!). So I’ve left it in their hands, the agent is saying that they are waiting for the airline to refund them, which I don’t believe, and this was 3 weeks ago. Also not sure how the airline will refund them if 2 tickets are still live. Should I raise it with ABTA as well? Just a word of warning to anyone considering booking with these cowboys - don’t.

Finkface Jul 29, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by yas212 (Post 30024672)
has anyone had any experience with crystal travel? I am having a really horrible experience with them! I wanted to book 10 seats to TLV from LHR, the fare was an error and the lady who booked it for me wasn’t the brightest. She ended up booking 8 of us on a mistake fare (£2500 in total) and 2 on the correct one (£830). The tickets on the error fare were cancelled by BA, and the agent assured me that all 10 tickets would be cancelled not just the 8. Well the other flight bookings are still active and she somehow managed to book a 2 year old on a seat on his own.
I’ve disputed the transactions with Amex as I was told I’d receive the refunds around a month ago(!). So I’ve left it in their hands, the agent is saying that they are waiting for the airline to refund them, which I don’t believe, and this was 3 weeks ago. Also not sure how the airline will refund them if 2 tickets are still live. Should I raise it with ABTA as well? Just a word of warning to anyone considering booking with these cowboys - don’t.

There is amlot of discussion about this fare and OTA’s here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...celled-ba.html
I will ask mods to merge.

Edit: I see you have already posted about this same thing in that thread. No need for a new thread.

yas212 Jul 29, 2018 12:15 pm

I have sorry, it was just an update as not sure where to go from here and thought the thread was dead, but yeah if it can be merged or I can just update there

Often1 Jul 29, 2018 6:48 pm

I am not sure why BA would cancel the two properly-issued tickets.

If those two tickets have not yet been cancelled, yet you have disputed the 1,660 for the two properly-issued tickets, that would account for it taking more than a couple of days to see at least an acknowledgement from Amex that the refund will be posted.

What did you dispute and when?

Once you file the dispute, leave BA and the TA out of it as they are not part of this.

jabez Jul 30, 2018 5:30 am

This seems to be an issue related to this online booking and not BA, per se. I'll leave this post here.

yas212 Jul 30, 2018 6:24 am

I wanted a booking for 10 people. I was made a booking for 8 and then another for 2. We need to travel together, it is not an option to travel separately. Agreed this issue is not to do with BA but the TA should be involved as they have said that all 10 tickets have been cancelled when they haven't. I disputed both transactions with amex around 3 weeks ago as the TA said I would receive my refund around then.
Additionally BA have said that they will issue us £100 voucher each as compensation but they cannot do that as two of the passenger's tickets are still live. I think maybe it is better to leave amex to deal with it and if it is not going anywhere, I'll get ABTA involved.

Often1 Jul 30, 2018 7:01 am

Originally Posted by yas212 (Post 30027293)
I wanted a booking for 10 people. I was made a booking for 8 and then another for 2. We need to travel together, it is not an option to travel separately. Agreed this issue is not to do with BA but the TA should be involved as they have said that all 10 tickets have been cancelled when they haven't. I disputed both transactions with amex around 3 weeks ago as the TA said I would receive my refund around then.
Additionally BA have said that they will issue us £100 voucher each as compensation but they cannot do that as two of the passenger's tickets are still live. I think maybe it is better to leave amex to deal with it and if it is not going anywhere, I'll get ABTA involved.

Amex typically responds within a business day or two. I would call Amex and ask what the issue is.

It is almost certainly that the two tickets for which you are seeking a chargeback credit are still "live" and thus, presuming that you booked them and there is nothing wrong with them, not subject to dispute and raising all manner of concerns by Amex. The other 8 tickets seem clear and ought to be easy.

As to the two "live" tickets, you may need to have the TA cancel them and there will then be a fight about whether and who absorbs the losses.

yas212 Jul 30, 2018 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30027371)
Amex typically responds within a business day or two. I would call Amex and ask what the issue is.

It is almost certainly that the two tickets for which you are seeking a chargeback credit are still "live" and thus, presuming that you booked them and there is nothing wrong with them, not subject to dispute and raising all manner of concerns by Amex. The other 8 tickets seem clear and ought to be easy.

As to the two "live" tickets, you may need to have the TA cancel them and there will then be a fight about whether and who absorbs the losses.

Thanks for your reply. They have promised that all 10 tickets have been cancelled, they have only just now said that in an email (thank goodness I now have some written proof!!).