Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Favorite online booking for international business seats?

Old Jul 3, 18, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Wondering if there is a good online booking agency that was worth the subscription. My husband is 6'6" and has a lot of back problems. In order to be able to be functional after a flight of longer than 6 hours he really needs to be able to stretch out, so we're seeing out the best way to get premium seats at a good price. We are completely flexible with travel, location and time.
Old Jul 18, 18, 11:38 am
Original Poster

any experience with these online companies that offer deals with a subscription???
Old Sep 26, 18, 6:49 am

My .02 - I travel business class on my own dime. Dont specifically stick to one airline since I am looking for the best deals. Have tried checking with multiple so-called business class discounters...but either the savings are not worth it, OR the risk of getting airlines to cancel your flights is too much. Have saved considerable amounts setting flight alerts on skyscanner/justfly and using momondo. Flexiblity with dates, airports are key to finding better rates on business class flights. You just have to be careful about the layover information.
Old Sep 27, 18, 10:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
If you're flexible on destination, I'd scope out the Premium Fare Deals subforum of the Mileage Run forum. Origins can be somewhat limited, but if you have the miles for an initial positioning flight you can just pick up roundtrips from there.
Old Oct 5, 18, 11:01 am

You can subscribe to a couple of leading OTAs and airlines you most frequently travel with. However, it would be best to speak to a representative on their 1800 numbers, discuss your requirements and have them assist.
Old Oct 5, 18, 12:09 pm

Since you have great flexibility, I think your best option is actually to stock up on miles when the various airlines run (good) mileage sales.
e.g. LifeMiles runs semi-frequent mileage sales that go down to around 1.46 cents per mile. 150K miles for roundtrip Business Class to Europe (so ~$2200 if purchased at 1.46 cpm), 180K for First Class roundtrip to Europe (so ~ $2630 at 1.46 cpm)

Before you pull the trigger however, read up their respective program page and/or flyertalk forums to understand what the miles are good for and their respective limitations.
trooper likes this.

Search this Thread