Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Getting itemized receipt with Hotels.com reservation (Choice hotels)

Old Jun 28, 18, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Have to fly to the Nordic countries for work, the land of no chain hotels

The option I found was from Choice hotels, and the rates were best on Hotels.com. However, will the hotel be able to provide an itemized receipt, separating room rate from taxes if I don't book with them directly? I looked at direct booking but it's more expensive.
Old Jun 28, 18, 9:17 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to Online Booking Forum
Obscure2K
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 29, 18, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 View Post
Have to fly to the Nordic countries for work, the land of no chain hotels

The option I found was from Choice hotels, and the rates were best on Hotels.com. However, will the hotel be able to provide an itemized receipt, separating room rate from taxes if I don't book with them directly? I looked at direct booking but it's more expensive.
Hotels.com is only the booking service. You will receive a normal itemised bill on check-out
Old Jun 29, 18, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

The thing I don't understand is that there are reports of other OTA bookings where the hotel cant print a receipt. Is that not true?
Old Jun 30, 18, 12:19 pm

Programs: Accidental AC E35K
I stayed at a Wyndham Resort near Washington a couple of weeks ago, booked on booking.com. When I checked out they gave me a receipt showing only the total, no breakdown at all. When I asked for the breakdown they told me I’d have to get it from booking.com. I wasn’t about to start that battle so I kicked up a big fuss with three different people at the hotel. Eventually “with the manager’s authorization” they sent me the receipt with the breakdown.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but apparently there’s something the hotel doesn’t want you to see.
Old Jul 4, 18, 5:40 am

Programs: HH Silver
It depends if you pay Hotels.com or the hotel itself. Whoever you pay is who will give you a receipt, so yes if you pay Hotels.com, the hotel itself will not give you a receipt because they have no idea how much you paid.

Search this Thread