Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Expedia Best Price Guarantee discontinued a/o Oct 18, 2017

Old May 29, 18, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC

Wild to see Expedia quietly discontinued their price guarantee program. https://www.expedia.com/p/info-other/guarantees

I actually made a reservation and put in a claim. Their website still shows the price guarantee as active (at least for HSBC members who see a co-branded page).

But their CS told me the program was discontinued and wouldn't honor bpg even though they have NOT taken down their co-branded pages. Stunning a company the size of Expedia still has live pages and forms showing a benefit they will not honor.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; May 29, 18 at 9:47 pm
Old Jun 2, 18, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried to escalate? Alternatively, try reporting them to the BBB, any applicable regulatory agency, and Christopher Elliott. Is there a way to put a review of Expedia on TripAdvisor?
Old Jun 4, 18, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Have you tried to escalate? Alternatively, try reporting them to the BBB, any applicable regulatory agency, and Christopher Elliott. Is there a way to put a review of Expedia on TripAdvisor?
I didn't escalate further. I just cancelled my reservation and booked elsewhere. Just one more lost customer. I'm sure they don't care.
strickerj likes this.

Search this Thread