hotels.com price watch gone?

Old May 22, 18, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

hotels.com price watch gone?

I noticed that hotels.com doesn't show the price watch button on hotels any more. My existing price watches are still sending me updates. Anyone know why the function was taken down?
Old May 23, 18, 5:58 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

I wasn't aware they had this feature. I assume this was pre-purchase where they would monitor the price and let you know if it dropped? Did they let you monitor a specific room type or did they just let you know when any room dropped in price for a particular hotel on a certain set of dates?
Old May 23, 18, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Just the lowest rate for a specific hotel. Can't track specific room types (would love something that does!). It's not associated with a purchase. You can use the tool even if you don't make a purchase. I've even used it when I booked directly with the hotel but want to know when rates drop so that I can rebook. It used to come up when you click into a hotel after a search with date and location.

I like the hotels.com tool over the others (Kayak and Hotels Combined) because the hotels.com watch seems to be able to track "member only" or what hotels.com calls secret rates.
Old Aug 1, 18, 6:18 pm

Hotels.com Price Watch

Originally Posted by Reaching View Post
I noticed that hotels.com doesn't show the price watch button on hotels any more. My existing price watches are still sending me updates. Anyone know why the function was taken down?
I have been searching for the same thing. You used to click the little binoculars for the property you wanted to keep an eye on. If the price changed... you got an email. I used it as recently as January 2018 but went to add some hotels this week and canít find the option
Old Aug 22, 18, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Reaching View Post
I noticed that hotels.com doesn't show the price watch button on hotels any more... Anyone know why the function was taken down?
The process is very resource intensive and i would speculate it was not worth the time and effort to continue.

At BetterBidding.com we recently rebuilt and relaunched our RateDrop.com tool which you can try as a replacement.

Most of our users are tracking 'opaque' rates from Priceline and Hotwire, but there is also a 'Hotels By Name' tab where you can choose the exact hotel you want and get an email if/when the rate drops.

If there are any issues/comments/suggestions please reach out to me directly thru the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of the page at BetterBidding.

Search this Thread