Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Putting middle name in last name column Qatar Airways

Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
I booked a ticket for my father last month. On his passport his name is Hadi (first name) Januar (middle name) Pangestu (last name).
When i booked the ticket via budgetair, i made a mistake by putting Hadi as first name, and Januar Pangestu as last name.
To make things worse, on the itinerary the name came out as Hadi (first name) and Januarpangestu (without space, as last name)

​​​Is this a problem? Im starting to worry because on Qatar airways website it was clearly stated that name correction is not possible after booking is finished. I really dont want to end up having to buy a new ticket for €700.

Insights are highly appreciated

Debby Pangestu
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No need to do anything - this happens every day and airlines are used to deal with this. The only problem I expect would be for the check-in agent to locate the reservation as the middle name has been added to the last name (normally the reservation is found based on the spelling of the last name) but surely the reservation will be found as soon at the agent realises that he/she has to use the middle name rather than the last name to look up the reservation.

Next time leave out the middle name - not required in the ticket.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
No need to do anything - this happens every day and airlines are used to deal with this. The only problem I expect would be for the check-in agent to locate the reservation as the middle name has been added to the last name (normally the reservation is found based on the spelling of the last name) but surely the reservation will be found as soon at the agent realises that he/she has to use the middle name rather than the last name to look up the reservation.

Next time leave out the middle name - not required in the ticket.

Thanks for replying!! This really gave me a peace of mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.