Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Which is the best site to book airtravels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Please in your opinion which is the best airflight company in Europe for online bookings?

Last edited by Verna Washington; Mar 2, 2018 at 12:30 pm Reason: Missed a spelling
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
What you are referring to is an 'OTA' - Online Travel Agency - in FlyerTalk speak. There's a ton of those out there, and they all have their strong and weak points. Such a thing as "the best" one simply doesn't exist.
Check out the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onli...-agencies-204/ section right here on FT which will give you a good overview about the topic (and incidentally, where you should have opened this thread in. I have alerted a moderator to move your question there).
Myself, I usually use tools like ITA matrix, google flights , Hipmunk, skyscanner or Kayak for pricing information and research, but book directly with the airline on the airline site.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:27 am

moved......
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
For Europe travel also try Omega Flightstore and Skybooker. I've purchased tickets from both without any problems, plus they are IATA accredited.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:33 pm

Expedia, Booking I prefer mostly for Online bookings.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:32 am

For round trip bookings, I recommend you always book with the airline direct. All the airlines now have pretty user friendly websites where you can pick your flights, class of travel and any add ons, like luggage, extra legroom seats, etc. And if you have any changes, it's so much easier to deal straight with the airline.

The one exception is if you are doing a multi city itinerary which may involve different airlines. Here, I have found sites like Expedia offering terrific deals and much cheaper than if you tried to book with the airline. Also very user friendly.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:58 am

It depends on your origin and destination airport. One air carrier or OTA can offer you a cheap flight on one route but may not offer you the best deal on another. So it’s better to not make an opinion. Always do your research before booking a flight.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by elburks
For Europe travel also try Omega Flightstore and Skybooker.
Both of these deal with Economy only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.