Which OTA Should I Trust

Old Feb 20, 18, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Question Which OTA Should I Trust

I am planning a trip to Germany in May and have been searching almost every OTA I can think of. I plan on leaving from Austin, TX to Frankfurt, International in Germany. I tried google flights and they want between $900 to $1200. Vayama, flyus, Kayak, skyrunner and momondo, have tickets for $650 to $750 and almost too good to be true. Any advice which is more trust worthy. Trip dates are May 19 to June 1st
Old Feb 21, 18, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I would suggest, and suspect that you are doing this already, but search and read the reviews from various websites regarding the OTAs which are pricing up your itinerary. You need to remember that most people who post reviews have negative experiences and I suspect have not read the T&Cs of the OTA they are booking with. One OTAs in their T&Cs state that once booked and ticketed with them, cancellation is 100% loss of the fare purchased. Now people will book with them, have to change their plans for valid reasons I am sure, and then complain that they lost all their money. I would also advise looking at what consumer protection you might be offered depending on how you pay for the flight, the country you are in and the country of the merchant you are purchasing from... in the UK I would use my credit card as their is some protection afforded if what I have paid for is not delivered. Best of luck in finding a decent OTA, but if unsure or require greater piece of mind, go to the airline direct
Old Feb 21, 18, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I checked with Capital One and will certainly read the T&Cs very carefully and also get the insurance offered if I decide on one of them. Vayama has the best deal and need to go back and double check their T&Cs. Not planning on making any changes.
Old Feb 21, 18, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by mamaduce View Post
Thanks. I checked with Capital One and will certainly read the T&Cs very carefully and also get the insurance offered if I decide on one of them. Vayama has the best deal and need to go back and double check their T&Cs. Not planning on making any changes.
All the best with your planning, and remember to check the reviews of any related companies. I never booked with Vayama, but their sister company in the UK goes by budgetair.co.uk. On occasion I myself use OTAs to save money but only when I want to fly premium economy or business class with BA or Oneworld partners. So far, cross fingers, touch wood, etc etc, I have had no problems.... famous last words
Old Feb 22, 18, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Orbitz Platinum
I've booked numerous times with Flugladen.de, which is a subsidiary of Vayama. Never had a problem, flights always ticketed either instantly or within a couple of hours.

However, I am cognizant of the various "horror stories" people have had with them.
Old Mar 1, 18, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Well I went ahead and game cheapfareguru a chance and got tickets for $631 versus $1800 from the airlines. So far all is well. Five minutes after I booked, I received a text and email with my e-ticket. I went to the airline website and put in the code on my e-ticket and my trip was there. We selected our tickets and update our personal information and received confirmation from American Airlines.

I put back in May when we actually fly and post how the trip went.
Old Dec 28, 18, 8:41 am

Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Originally Posted by mamaduce View Post
Well I went ahead and game cheapfareguru a chance and got tickets for $631 versus $1800 from the airlines. So far all is well. Five minutes after I booked, I received a text and email with my e-ticket. I went to the airline website and put in the code on my e-ticket and my trip was there. We selected our tickets and update our personal information and received confirmation from American Airlines.

I put back in May when we actually fly and post how the trip went.
Any feedback on this?

Search this Thread