Wiki Posts
Search

Best Booking Site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Best Booking Site

I am in the process of trying to book flights for my family to go from Canada to Japan for 2-3 weeks from mid-late March. I have been trying several different online booking sites. It seems I have had the most success in finding the cheapest flights on Flighthub.com. However, there is constant fluctuation in prices and changes in itineraries. Can anyone give me your experience with this website and if it is reputable enough? I know it would be better to book directly thru an airline, but the price difference and itinerary is tricky. With Flighthub, every now and again I have been able to get a good price and a good itinerary with decent departure times and layovers. It comes and goes... I haven't seen another site that has been the same. My one concern would be the lack of ability to cancel flights... Can anyone out there help??
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stickandpuck
I am in the process of trying to book flights for my family to go from Canada to Japan for 2-3 weeks from mid-late March. I have been trying several different online booking sites. It seems I have had the most success in finding the cheapest flights on Flighthub.com. However, there is constant fluctuation in prices and changes in itineraries. Can anyone give me your experience with this website and if it is reputable enough? I know it would be better to book directly thru an airline, but the price difference and itinerary is tricky. With Flighthub, every now and again I have been able to get a good price and a good itinerary with decent departure times and layovers. It comes and goes... I haven't seen another site that has been the same. My one concern would be the lack of ability to cancel flights... Can anyone out there help??
So why have you not booked that?

Cheap tickets, if cancelled, may have little or even zero refund.
If you are considering changing or cancelling never book with an on-line travel agent (OTA). They will/may have $$$ fees in additional to the airlines fees.

Other thread by OP on the same trip:- Travel Assistance Please

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 7, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The cheapest is seldom the best. I don't understand why you would want to cancel flights after booking them if you plan to travel next month. I never book through OTAs simply because the minimal savings is usually eroded by a complete lack of customer service and an 'I could not care less' attitude if any changes need to be made.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I only use online booking sites for research, but always actually book at an airline site. Booking through an actual third-party booking site splits the responsibility for any problems between the booking site and the airline(s), which can lead to a lot of finger-pointing ("try the other company if you want to resolve your problem").

If you can't get close to the same price through an airline site, beware: I've seen some third-party booking sites claim that taxes and/or government fees on the flight were less than i know they have to be, and you could end being responsible for the underpaid taxes/fees later anyway.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:21 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'm going to move this to our online booking forum.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.