Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used FlyUS.com to book tickets?

Old Jan 15, 18, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Found a great rate to Barcelona via Kayak.com and it lets me checkout on Kayak's page, but it says at the bottom of the page that I'd be booking the flight with FlyUS.com. The flight itself would be operated by British Airways.

I'm wondering if anyone has past experiences booking with these guys? All the negative reviews I've read have to do with people needing to change or cancel their flights....as long as I don't need to change anything on my itinerary do you think it'd be alright?

Cheers!
Old Jan 15, 18, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Apparently this used to be WebJet.com?
Old Jan 15, 18, 10:47 am

If you don't change or cancel or their is not major schedule change (unlikely if a direct flight) you will be fine. Best to pay with a credit card that offers insurance and have travel insurance. ALso, if these guys offer it some of the larger discounters will likely have the same fare.
Old Jan 15, 18, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

I'll be booking with my Chase Sapphire Reserve so I'll be covered, but it's not a direct flight. If there's a delay would I be able to sort it out at the airport with British Airways or would I have to attempt to contact FlyUS.com while out of the country?

What larger discounters would you recommend?....I've been searching this flight for awhile and see it is $545 via Kayak search engine and $500 via Momondo (but the discounters on their seem kind of shady). Flight via Google Flights is $1400
Old Apr 19, 18, 10:04 pm

Did you end up booking a ticket with Flyus? I'm looking at a similar flight on Kayak to Madrid. Not sure why it's so cheap compared to every other site.
Old Apr 20, 18, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lil_champignon View Post
Did you end up booking a ticket with Flyus? I'm looking at a similar flight on Kayak to Madrid. Not sure why it's so cheap compared to every other site.
I ended up going through Momondo and booking via Vayama.com I read a lot of nightmare stories of using them, but my experience was great! Paid $525/ticket when British Airways was selling the same tickets for $1550 on their site. Booking confirmation was emailed to me in 15mins and my wife, 2 kids, and I even got the bulkhead seats with added leg room!

As long as you can commit to not making any changes to your itinerary, I think you'll be fine. I'd definitely check out Momondo before booking and see how the rate on your computer compares to the mobile site on your phone....for some reason the tickets I got were $700 on my computer, but $525 via my phone?
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:56 pm

Thanks!
Old May 31, 18, 6:18 pm

Angry flyus.com Confirmed my flight after it had left

flyus.com Confirmed my flight a day after it had left. You will pay in anxiety for any cost savings you get.

BA cancelled my well chosen flight LAX- FCO. No one contacted me, but I called flyus.com after noticing a flight missing from my itinerary on the BA site.
New routing had to be proposed to the airline, then relayed to them, then relayed to me. This is all within a week before my departure. Their solution had me, an older woman traveling solo, arriving at FCO about 10:30 p.m. with an estimated arrival at my rental apartment around midnight. More details of non-communication will be omitted as redundant.

The money I saved on the airfare was more than eaten up with an unanticipated hotel night near LHR (total 5 star review for Premier Inn T5) and the extra day of work I had to miss to accommodate the arrangement they proposed to BA. The Airbus 380 on which I was re-booked was miserable equipment. DON'T USE flyus.com
Old Jun 29, 18, 9:34 am

FLYUS are crooks

Hi used flyUS and am very UNHAPPY with that company.
They are charging me $250 of "processing fees" to rebook a plane ticket with south african airways when the airlines itself would not charge ANYTHING for the transaction.
Old Jul 1, 18, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by mmcclaren View Post
DON'T USE flyus.com
Originally Posted by alexboti View Post
Hi used flyUS and am very UNHAPPY with that company.
mmcclaren and alexboti-

Welcome to FlyerTalk

Search this Thread