Changing flights and who gets notified

Old Jan 6, 18, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Changing flights and who gets notified

So my company books my flights through a travel agency. If I want to make changes I have to call their booking agency which company doesnít like it if you bother there travel agent. 24 hours before a flight the flight is in my name and I can call air canada to change my flight. When air canada changes my flight... does the company and or travel agency be notified that the flight is changed or canceled ( if I took the credit) air canada told me nobody does last time but not sure if anybody else has experience with this. What Iím looking to do is changes my flight from St. Johnís to Fort McMurray to Edmonton to Fort McMurray but I donít want company to know Iím in Edmonton as Iím on days off so itís none of their business and it will be last mintue anyways
Old Jan 10, 18, 11:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Travel agent that issued the ticket would have resources available to identify changes made including financial accounting (assuming the travel agent is looking out for it).

If there is a corporate negotiated fare involved, there's a chance the airline will sent you back to the travel agent to perform the change even on day of departure.

Changing origin/destination on day of departure (or close to day of departure) would very likely be very costly as you are essentially doing a walk-up fare.

Search this Thread