FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Amadeus: Breaking married segments that can't be broken using xe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1885075-amadeus-breaking-married-segments-cant-broken-using-xe.html)

ausamd1234 Dec 29, 2017 1:25 am

Amadeus: Breaking married segments that can't be broken using xe

Hi,

I am able to break some married segments using xe command. But on other times (I think it happens when the flight does not have a * next to it), I am not able to break the segments. Does anyone know if its possible to use some other command to break this segment?

Thank you for your time.

visitafsar May 27, 2022 7:53 am

Originally Posted by ausamd1234 (Post 29225948)
Hi,

I am able to break some married segments using xe command. But on other times (I think it happens when the flight does not have a * next to it), I am not able to break the segments. Does anyone know if its possible to use some other command to break this segment?

Thank you for your time.

Kindly teach how to book married.

l etoile May 27, 2022 8:42 am

Originally Posted by visitafsar (Post 34284793)
Kindly teach how to book married.

Welcome to Flyertalk. Married segments are when airlines treat two segments as a connecting flight. When segments are married, you won't be able to cancel, price, rebook or issue a married segment individually.

MSPeconomist Jun 2, 2022 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by l etoile (Post 34284919)
Welcome to Flyertalk. Married segments are when airlines treat two segments as a connecting flight. When segments are married, you won't be able to cancel, price, rebook or issue a married segment individually.

Can't you sometimes force it as a broken fare, presumably for a higher price?

NYC Flyer Jun 5, 2022 12:11 pm

Unlikely the segments were married if you were able to just do a partial cancellation on a connecting itinerary. If actually married you will usually get an error like "Carrier refuses cancellation" (at least in Sabre). Call the airline and they can help de-couple married segments when there is a valid reason to do so.

Originally Posted by l etoile (Post 34284919)
Married segments are when airlines treat two segments as a connecting flight. When segments are married, you won't be able to cancel, price, rebook or issue a married segment individually.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 34301799)
Can't you sometimes force it as a broken fare, presumably for a higher price?

You can manualy issue tickets for single segments and/or force a fare break in the GDS, but issuing agents can be penalized by carriers for violating ticketing/fare policies. The GDS will only guarantee validity of fares that are auto-priced.

Sobba Nov 11, 2022 2:52 am

Hi,

Thank you for your time.

Yes have some method for break segment on amadeus sabre galileo and other GDS system , but nobody teach you for free ) and all method for all airlines differents

SDMKE Mar 2, 2023 7:55 am

I know how some airlines interrupt married flights, if anyone knows Saber's method please contact me

stranger2023 Nov 16, 2023 4:15 am

how to break married segments in amadeus

hi if you know how to break married segments in Amadeus i would be very grateful.

please let me know

thanks