Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Otel.com changes cancellation policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:18 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs

Hello. I think others have experienced this problem, but adding my experience for anyone who searches in the future

I booked a hotel in Orlando with two days to cancel according to the otel.com website. Upon booking, the confirmation says that the hotel is nonrefundable (immediately). I've asked otel.com to cancel since I'm not comfortable with this inconsistency, but so far no response. Being a good FTer, I've got a screenshot of the cancellation policy, so nothing a chargeback can't satisfy if otel.com doesn't cooperate.

Buyer beware ...
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: HH Silver
FWIW, I just had something similar happen with Expedia. After booking, I notice it says Non Refundable, and the rate jumped $100. Expedia does not offer a non refundable rate on this hotel. After calling, they said they agreed that they could not find a non refundable rate, but they could not cancel because the hotel would not allow it. They offered to escalate to IT department, or just give me the original rate. Because it was a decent deal, I just took the original rate and left it non refundable.

As with anything and everything, yes, buyer beware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.