Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Is Vayama lying on the Airline fee for cancellation?

Is Vayama lying on the Airline fee for cancellation?

Old Nov 26, 17, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP, UA PP, Marriott PPE
Unhappy Is Vayama lying on the Airline fee for cancellation?

Dear Flyers,
I am having trouble accepting the charges being quoted by Vayama for cancelling my international travel ticket on Qatar Airways.
The tickets I booked were for the Christmas season and were in the higher fare category for Economy(Economy Value).
As a need for cancellation has come up 2 weeks before the travel date, contacted Vayama through their portal for cancellation.
After 2 days I get a mail providing me with the charges as below:
" Airline fee for Adult ticket : $USD500.00 per person
Airline fee for Infant ticket : $USD20.00 per Infant
Our administration fee for Adult ticket: $USD100.00 per person
Our administarion fee for infant ticket = $USD25.00 per infant.
Please note -The processing of your cancellation/refund can take up to 3 months."
I do understand the 'administration fee' being charged by Vayama like any other travel site, however the 'Airline fee' seems to be quite high from a Qatar Airways refundable ticket fee perspective. Even their cheapest Economy Saver fare has a cancellation fee of only $295 for the same days for travel as mine(Dec 7- Jan 2).

Can anyone tell me if this is the norm with Vayama and is there any use in pursuing with their customer service on these self determined charges?

Thanks
Launchpad
Old Dec 1, 17, 7:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Call QR and have them tell you what the cancellation fee is on the fare you purchased. $500 for international is not unheard of.

Search this Thread