Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Booking.com changing property dates or cancelling reservation to avoid bad reviews

Booking.com changing property dates or cancelling reservation to avoid bad reviews

Old Nov 19, 17, 2:40 am
Original Poster

i have a situation where I stayed at a property and the owner was terrible and nothing was in good working order. Long story short, we were friendly with the owner but she was very bad with us.

After our stay, we see that our booking on booking.com is being messed with by the property. Changing the dates of the reservation well into the future after we had checked out even. I suspect the property will then cancel the reservation at some point.

This does two things. Prevents us from writing an honest review and allows the property to keep the commission charges that are owed to booking. This was a booking that was made with booking.com which did not require a use of a credit card for the reservation.

i then checked TripAdvisor and saw some negative comments about this place and that other travellers had the same experience - one comment for example indicated they couldn't leave a review on booking because the owner cancelled their reservation, etc. . So, in trip advisor all negative comments about this place, but on booking.com it's squeky clean. It seems like they have been pulling this scheme for a while. Personally as a customer I am disappointed that this gaming of the system on booking is happening

ive been sending customer support to booking over the last several days and no response. Personally, I don't care what their motives are, I just want to be able to rightfully add my review which I am being blocked from doing due to the manipulation of the reservation by the property after I checked out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to escalate this with booking? I don't want to spend much time on this, but would like maybe an email address that would reach someone who could take some kind of action on this.
Old Nov 19, 17, 1:29 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I would try to contact the Booking regional office closest to the property. List of office phone numbers here: https://www.booking.com/content/offices.html

It sounds like the hotel is trying to pull a fast one on Booking and I can't imagine they are going to take too kindly to it. If you're not able to get anywhere by doing the above, I think your next plan would be to call Booking's general customer service number but ask to speak to a supervisor. That might get you a little further than the "front line" rep you initially get on the phone.
Old Nov 20, 17, 7:53 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Facebook or Twitter messages sometimes get escalated quickly.
Old Dec 25, 17, 12:37 am

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Did anything ever come of this?

Search this Thread