Community
Wiki Posts
Search

something better than expedia?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

something better than expedia?

every once in a while i have to dreadfully use expedia and their archaic systems such as airline credits and terrible phone policies are driving me crazy... are there any competent booking sites that aren't airline specific and do hotels?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:23 pm

go through amextravel or chase UR portal
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Almost anything is better than Expedia. I use Priceline, Trivago, Travelocity, Agoda, and Hotels.com all of which are preferable to Expedia.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:10 pm

FYI, Tivago, Travelocity, and Hotels.com are all now a part of Expedia.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The argument for using opaque third-party vendor sites, e.g. OTA's, gets weaker, weaker & weaker.

Fine to use them to search for routings & fares. But, it's rare that there is a justification for giving up the protections and ease of a carrier / property booking channel.

That has become even more true during the pandemic.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I second the Chase UR portal. However be aware it is powered by Expedia. I had an open Jaw AUS in to Bali, then home from SIN in J last May 2020, and of course cancelled it using the Chase UR portal. I originally got travel credit. Also every time I called the Chase travel desk I never had to wait even with Expedia running it. In February I realized I would not use the credit in time, and I called and requested a refund because one of the flights had been cancelled. Within 48 hours 600,000+ points had been refunded. Now compare that to a flight mrs. boerne booked with the regular Expedia website. We had to cancel that one. We had travel credit with UA and had to be used with Expedia. I was on hold for over an hour to finally talk to someone because using the travel credit with the chat bot did not give me what I wanted and of course I knew the fare rules and T and C. When I finally got a live body, I did get to use the travel credit, but using Chase UR phone line with Expedia and the regular Expedia phone line, is night and day in my recent experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.