Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

GERMANY - what OTA do you recommend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GERMANY - what OTA do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
But airlines have the advantage, that nobody will be able to play "pass the hot potato along"-game.

With bad OTA, they usually refer you to the airline for any changes and the airlines refers you back the OTA. Nobody's willing to do anything. If the airline you fly on, is at the same time your OTA, you avoid this problematic altogether.

That said, if you really want service, you get a great travel agent, who's just a call away and can change things for you.

I use:
  • OTAs for short/cheap trips
  • well expierienced and good OTAs or the airline for longer trips
  • a proper travel agent for trips where nothing is allowed to go wrong
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I tend to agree with WorldLux on this one.

The more parties there are in a chain of supply, the more opportunity they have to pass the buck.

At least when you deal direct, you only have one party to argue with.

I don't mind even dodgy OTAs for a quick intra-Europe hop, but I tend to stick with the airlines or the really big names for anything more complex.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by WorldLux
With bad OTA, they usually refer you to the airline for any changes and the airlines refers you back the OTA. Nobody's willing to do anything. If the airline you fly on, is at the same time your OTA, you avoid this problematic altogether.
Indeed. I have this experience with ebookers.de
First, they are not reachable by phone (I needed several times more than 45 minutes to talk to a person instead of a computer) or e-mail (no e-mail address or contact form on their website).

My last bad experience with them was a flight cancelled by the airline for technical problems. Two months later I still have not got my money back. Airline says call your TA and TA says we need to check with the airline.

Also, no ebookers.de customer service rep I have talked to seems to be aware of the concept of getting full refund for cancelled flights. Which results in phone calls of 1,5 hours that bring absolutely nothing. I ended up challenging the transaction with my credit card company. So BEWARE. You may find better rates, but when something goes wrong you are in trouble.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
Indeed. I have this experience with ebookers.de
First, they are not reachable by phone (I needed several times more than 45 minutes to talk to a person instead of a computer) or e-mail (no e-mail address or contact form on their website).

My last bad experience with them was a flight cancelled by the airline for technical problems. Two months later I still have not got my money back. Airline says call your TA and TA says we need to check with the airline.

Also, no ebookers.de customer service rep I have talked to seems to be aware of the concept of getting full refund for cancelled flights. Which results in phone calls of 1,5 hours that bring absolutely nothing. I ended up challenging the transaction with my credit card company. So BEWARE. You may find better rates, but when something goes wrong you are in trouble.
Exactly. OTAs like this are like LCCs. Fine as long as all goes according to plan. But when it goes south, you're on your own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.