Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with Club1?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
I had three stays booked and completed from October 2020 to last week. No issues whatsoever.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I've been using Club1 for about 4 years now and have been very happy. They have some amazing rates if you can get past the tech issues their website has. One tip is when you do your initial search, the rate per night can usually be much lower if you click on the actual hotel. An example, I booked a hotel in Orlando and the rate showing on the search results page was $287/night. When I actually clicked on the hotel the rate was actually $130/night + tax. It adds to the time to search but it has been extremely worth it to me.

Another tip is to change your search area to nearby areas. I use Club1 exclusively when looking at All-inclusives in Mexico. Searching Cancun, Rivera Maya, and Playa Del Carmen will consistently result in the same hotels showing up, but many times the pricing on individual hotels will be different.

I have no skin in the game with this company other than being a satisfied customer.
P Rod likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:16 pm

I paid $450 but didn't get any response......
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Refund delay

I've had some good and some great savings with Club1, mostly in hotels, but also in a couple of cruises.

I've never had any problems. And when there was need to contact them, they always replied very quickly (and efficiently).

However, I had to cancel two hotel bookings, and it is taking quite a while for the refunds to come through. They quote "up to 15 business days" in the email, but it's been a bit over two months now.

I still intend to consider them for future bookings, but this delay has been a bit of disappointment in an otherwise great service.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Blackheath
However, I had to cancel two hotel bookings, and it is taking quite a while for the refunds to come through. They quote "up to 15 business days" in the email, but it's been a bit over two months now.
Service at a bare minimum should include following up with the wholesaler that inventory was booked through to get you an update and ideally push the refunds through.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: Marriott, HIlton, IHG, United
I cancelled a booking with Club1 prior to the full cancellation refund deadline for a reservation booked 5 months ago. I promptly received an email response that said we would receive a full refund within 15 business days however it has been almost 20 business days with no refund. We deposited almost $2000. I sent them another email. to check on the status.

Should I be nervous? When should I file a complaint with the credit card company?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:02 am

Had a similar issue, as reported upthread. It took me several e-mails and a few months to finally get my money back. They first claimed problems with the credit card processing company. Then they simply made promises, which were not kept.

On hindsight, I should have simply started a chargeback with the credit card after they started to stall. This is would I would do today, though I'm avoiding doing business with them again (I would only book last minute deep discounted non-refundable stays).
TravelCarol likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by TravelCarol
I cancelled a booking with Club1 prior to the full cancellation refund deadline for a reservation booked 5 months ago.
Originally Posted by Blackheath
Had a similar issue, as reported upthread. It took me several e-mails and a few months to finally get my money back.
There is nothing proprietry about Club 1's rates...many travel agents have access to wholesale rates and won't run the OTA scam when a cancellation/refund is needed.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, HIlton, IHG, United
Thank you for the feedback. They did respond promptly to all of my emails and my deposit has now been refunded. I will use again because we have seen some good deals on their site. However, will avoid bookings which I might cancel to avoid deposit refund delays..
Blackheath likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:21 am

I'm glad to hear that you received your funds back. In general, their service is good (and so are their rates), but they should definitely improve the refund process. It should be automatic.
TravelCarol likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:39 am

A usefull site with good deals

I have seen a few good deals, it is worth having it in the list of places to check for offers.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hi never used C1, but have registered with them and can see great rates for our trip to New York in Jan 2023. Looking at staying at Midtown property. Question for the group, I know I don’t get Hilton points but is my Diamond status recognised by the Hotel?
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Joke of a company.

Booked a private pool suite for a June stay and the hotel put me into a standard room saying that's what Club 1's wholesaler had booked.

Indeed the hotel was able to provide all paper proof and my Club 1 booking confirmation saying "private pool suite" was worthless. Club 1 was responsive and promised to sort it out during my stay, so I put down a deposit with the hotel to receive the actual pool suite keys.

Fast forward 3 months: It was not sorted out during my stay, it was not sorted out "in the next few days" as promised a day after my stay - It wasn't sorted out at all. My deposit is gone and my monthly reminder is being ignored now.

I tried looking for people to escalate to on Linkedin but not a single soul wants to be publicly associated with them - which probably tells you all you need to know. Should have done that due diligence before falling for some bloggers affiliate nonsense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.