Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Help with an agoda cancellation policy...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Hi!

I was hoping to get some advice on an agoda policy that I am confused about.

I have recently booked through Agoda for a 2 night stay at a hotel in Iquitos, Peru on the 13th & 14th of November, I have given my payment details through Agoda's website, which have been verified, although payment will only be collected by the hotel itself upon arrival.

I have had something come up which means I need to postpone my stay until the 29th & 30th November.

On my confirmation email, they say that my booking is non-refundable and cannot be amended or modified. This is what I'm confused about. If they wont let me change my booking then whats to stop me just cancelling my card so they wont bill me for the no show and then just booking at a different hotel.

I would understand this policy if they had already collected my money, but surely letting me change my dates would be in their best interest!!??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Best regards,

Adam
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Have you tried contacting the hotel to see if they will let you change?

Sure, you could cancel the card, but that seems like a huge step just to avoid a charge that you agreed to pay.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Benbg555
I am moving your thread to the Online Travel Booking Forum. Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Benbg555
If they wont let me change my booking then whats to stop me just cancelling my card so they wont bill me for the no show and then just booking at a different hotel.
cause agoda can

1) blacklist you from the site
2) send you to collections/put it on your credit report
3) sue you in court for breach of contract
4) depending on credit card company, push the charge onto credit card even on a cancelled/expired card
5) or do nothing

not sure what agoda would do. I'm willing to wager #1, maybe #4 as well
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try calling Agoda. In the past Agoda has been good to me and even allowed me to cancel and to refund prepaid/non-refundable rates after confirming with the property.

If the property agrees to cancel, there is a very good chance that Agoda will allow you to cancel or amend the travel dates (if the rate is the same) in particular as you have not paid yet.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:12 am

Warning !!!

Warning about Agoda you will make a booking and weeks later after you have booked your flights they will cancel your booking and blame the hotel for this action do not trust.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Have to put in a good word for Agoda here. Booked a non-refundable one-night stay in Singapore, paid, got confirmation (all correct), then realized that the dates from an earlier search had remained in the system and I had booked the wrong dates for Singapore.

Tried to resolve online and the Agoda system let me get as far as “change date with supplement.” Although I agreed to that, I could not click through to make it happen. Got a large, white square in the middle of my screen that would not go away.

So, I booked the same hotel, with Agoda, for the correct dates, and then called Agoda’s UK number (someplace on Flyertalk it is mentioned that the staff at the UK number are helpful). I reached a call center (lots of noise/chat in the background) and the agent was more than helpful. After checking with her supervisor, she offered to refund the full amount I had paid, in Agoda Cash, to be used any time during the next three months.

I consider this to be an excellent solution, and am grateful that Agoda was able to cover for my stupid error.

YMMV, but I was very satisfied this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.