Vayama issues

Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Angry Vayama issues

So I booked a reservation with Vayama (against my greater judgement so let's not spend time on this thread telling me how I shouldn't have done that. I know. It's done now)

Anyway...it's an SFO-SYD flight with a stop in Lax. Purchased under Virgin Australia with all flights operated as Delta. When I check my reservation under Virgin Australia...my SFO-LAX flight is there. When I check it under Delta...my SFO-LAX flight is missing. It WAS there until I checked last night and it was gone. (Probably tied to Delta's IT issues? who knows)

I called Vayama and the person had no clue and could not understand the situation at all. I called Delta and they told me to go through Vayama. I'm at my wit's end and was considering just booking a separate flight from SFO to LAX in time to make the rest of my reservation.

My worry though is that the Delta system somehow still has me on this missing leg and my reservation gets cancelled if I don't fly it. Thoughts?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Calm down and give it some days. It may be an IT glitch. If the flight was there it is unlikely to have disappeared. If it has disappeared DL will have to take care of it. I would certainly not book a separate ticket to get to LAX because you think the reservation is gone. It is fixable if it turns out that there is an issue.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
How does DL even know about Vayama?

Just feed DL your e-ticket # and ask what is going on with the missing segment.

DL may not be able to help you, but can provide the history, e.g., what happened to the segment.

When is your travel?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:02 am
Original Poster

It's in October but I definitely want to tackle this sooner rather than later. DL told me that they couldn't help me and I have to go through my travel agency. I didn't understand the reason why but maybe I'll try again with a different rep or try and escalate to a supervisor.

Since it's a codeshare with Virgin Australia maybe that's part of the problem?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.