Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Um, I've used them many times and never, ever had any issues.
Great rates, frequently the best I could find after several hours of planning and searching.
Lots of new accounts with one single post knocking the service.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
The issue I have is that they save they have great rates, but when you click they are unavailable. That has happened to me 10 times in a row, for different properties. They aren't very honest.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:32 am

Avoid using snap travel at all costs!!!!!

Originally Posted by snaptravel
Hi gil123, it seems like you had a poor experience using our service. I'm not sure your source for the information you provided but that is simply not true. If you would like, feel free to reach out to us with any issues you have as we are available 24/7. Thanks.
what they wrote is absolutely true
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:22 pm

Snaptravel is a SCAM

I paid Snaptravel over $500 for a hotel room to attend a wedding that unfortunately was canceled due to the pandemic. When I contacted them with the situation, they provided me with a voucher to use when the wedding got rescheduled instead of a refund. When I went to use the voucher, the hotel said that it wasn't valid and I needed to work with Snaptravel. When I contacted the company, I spent over 4 hours being transferred to multiple customer service reps all giving me the same answer that there is nothing that they could do to help me. Now, when I am actually attending the wedding at the same venue, I am out of pocket again for the hotel fee, out $500+ of my hard earned money as well as 4 hours of my life I will never get back. Do yourself a favor and trust any other travel site and avoid this one.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:08 am

Snaptravel is the worst!

I had this exact same situation happen to me a few weeks ago. I booked a room for my family of three that showed two queen beds, but when I received confirmation from the hotel, it had no bed specification. So I called the hotel and they said that I was booked for only one bed. This was a busy weekend and the hotel told me that I would have to pay to upgrade at a significantly more expensive rate for a room with two beds. Snaptravel support was absolutely atrocious. Even though you could still pull up the room on their site clearly showing two beds, Snaptravel not only wouldn't correct the reservation, but refused to cancel it as well. Due to their error, I was stuck with a room I couldn't use. With no other recourse, I was forced to spend several hours through various chat channels (NO PHONE SUPPORT DESPITE SEVERAL ATTEMPTS!!!) consistently receiving canned responses that they have reviewed the reservation, but it cannot be changed and that it was non-refundable. I never gave up and after several attempts to escalate and threatening a chargeback, FINALLY was able to get someone that admitted that it was a technical error on their end and fixed the situation with the hotel. I had used Snaptravel a couple of times in the past without issue. Now I know what happens when an issue does arise and I'll never use Snaptravel again! They are the worst!

Originally Posted by FSalgado
Snaptravel site mislead me to believe I was booking a room with 2 queen beds in Vegas, but when I got there, the Hotel informed me I had been booked for a room with only 1 bed. They then tried to up-charge me for the room I had initially booked through snaptravel. Even though there is a picture on the selected room type of 2 beds with a description stating "2 queen beds," upon selecting that it turns out we were then given a booking with no specification! Snaptravel's website MISREPRESENTS availability by showing a picture and description of 1 room type, then not providing the advertised room type. This was completely unacceptable to me so I contacted their "customer service" line and was disappointed to have my call routed to The Philippines. Upon explaining the situation to the young lady on the other side of the planet, she assured me she had "escalated" my issue and that someone would be in touch with the hotel shortly to fix the problem and then call me right back. I WAITED AND WAITED in the lobby of the hotel for a call back and NEVER GOT ONE. I tried to call the "customer service" line again and GOT NO ANSWER. If it hadn't been for the hotel taking pity on us after being left STRANDED by the joke snaptravel calls customer service, our entire trip might have been ruined. Instead, we missed our dinner reservations for that night because we were sent to a different hotel and were too stressed and emotionally drained to go anywhere that first night which meant our first night in Las Vegas was RUINED AND WASTED thanks to snaptravel's lack of accurate booking or decent customer service.

After our trip, they texted me asking me to rate them from 0-10, I replied “0” and they gave me the corporate email address so I emailed to describe my experience as I did here. Their response was just as ridiculous as the rest of their “service.” It included the following:

“We are sorry that you didn't feel supported in your most recent experience with our Support team.“

Didn't "feel" supported? What is that even supposed to mean? No one ever called me back, it was not a "feeling," it was a FACT that I WAS NOT supported.

Then they tried to act like I should have known I was booking a room with no specification and that I was informed of this by “customer service.” I'm standing in the hotel lobby knowing I booked the room I needed but in the end they don't book what you ask for, leaving you at the mercy of the hotel once you show up for your reservation.
We were eventually offered what was booked AT A DIFFERENT HOTEL at great inconvenience and NO THANKS TO snaptravel because their service is poor and their "support" is mediocre with NO CALLBACK to the customer when they say they will.

Then, as a last little “slap in the face,” they say this;

“Your experiences mean a lot to us, so as a token of our commitment to continuously improve, I would like to offer you a credit of 10% of your reservation, so you can use it for a future stay. Unfortunately, this is the maximum amount that could be approved.”

I told them what they could do with their insulting discount. AVOID THIS SCAM COMPANY!

Last edited by nilknarf; Sep 26, 2022 at 12:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.