Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?

Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?

Old Dec 2, 19, 5:08 pm
Suspended

If you need any assistance regarding a booking we would be happy to help, just call 1-877-778-2321 or you may type "Agent" of you prefer
Old Dec 23, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors
Just to add a positive data point. I used SnapTravel a while ago for a booking in Berlin. It was a busy weekend, as it was the marathon weekend, and room prices were at a premium. I'd read some scare stories, so I decided to reach out to the hotel the week before I was due to arrive, and they confirmed the booking for me. I arrived early, they gave me a check-in at 11.30am, and they gave me an accessible room as it was a bit bigger.

The only problem I had was, because the rate was prepaid with Snaptravel's credit card, I couldn't charge anything to my room, as they didn't take a swipe of mine on arrival. Still, no biggy, I had a great stay and I'd use the company again.
Old Dec 26, 19, 5:09 pm

I work for a hotel, I am the person who sets rates and inventory. THIS IS A SCAM! Call hotels and book direct, you will always get the best rates. I found my hotel displaying much lower rates than what is publicly available after I had a guest show up and of course we did not have a valid reservation for him. The scam that Snaptravel does, is selling wholesale rates/inventory that they are NOT authorized to do. There have been many of these scam sites that pop up and eventually get shut down. Hotels have contracts with international wholesale operators with wholesale rates which are only available to internationl, wholesale operators not a public rate available to domestic travelers. However, most hotels that have someone like me onsite will catch this Fraudulent activity and will not honor the reservation when it is booked online and not with said tour operator (these reservations do not automatically generate in our booking systems like most valid reservations would if you booked online at the hotels website or with Expedia ect) and thats why you may show up and not have a reservation. You may get hotels that do not catch it and get lucky but best bet is to always call the hotel directly and ask what is the best rate they can offer. We prefer you to book direct so we dont have to share the profit of the room with a third party which can range from 10-25% of the room rate and usually will give the guest that discount for booking with us vs an OTA, plus you can get your rewards when booking direct.
Auto Enthusiast and IBobi like this.
Old Jan 2, 20, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Silver
Wish they would add a laughing button instead of just a like button.....
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold & ST Elite Plus.
An absolute disaster:

- Booked Sheraton NYC Times Square in winter, a 'quadruple room with balcony, breakfast & dinner'.
- Got a confirmation number & voucher from Snap, 3 months ago.
- Just called the hotel to add my Marriott number but they cannot find the booking. Actually, they don't have quadruple rooms, none of their rooms has a balcony and they don't have dinner packages either.
- SnapTravel says the sent me a message that the 'hotel didn't honour the rate' but I never got any message or e-mail.
- So... they confirmed a non-existing room with a non-existing meal package and cancelled that without informing me, which I'm just finding out myself by surprise. Now Snap offers me the room for a price 8 times higher

With only days to go till my trip (thank god I'm not in the lobby right now), prices for hotels in NYC are now much higher... Thanks, Snap Travel!
Old Jan 13, 20, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Hello, we're sorry to hear about this. Please reach out to us with your order ID at [email protected] detailing your experience so we can look into this case for you. Looking forward to hear from you
Old Jan 17, 20, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by snaptravel View Post
Hello, we're sorry to hear about this. Please reach out to us with your order ID at corpora[email protected] detailing your experience so we can look into this case for you. Looking forward to hear from you
You don't mean that at all: nobody answers e-mails sent to that address. While your gesture of 'providing special care' through this forum may look nice, it's just window dressing.

Ignoring customers makes SnapTravel even look worse. What a shame.
Auto Enthusiast and IBobi like this.
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:44 am
Suspended

The management team that operates/manages that email takes customer issues very seriously and tries to solve all of them. We want to help so at your earliest convenience please send us your Order ID so we can assist.

Last edited by snaptravel; Jan 17, 20 at 10:15 am
Old Jan 17, 20, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by snaptravel View Post
The management team that operates/manages that email takes customer issues very seriously and tries to solve all of them. We want to help so at your earliest convenience please send us your Order ID so we can assist.
I sent 3 e-mails in the last 7 days, including to the address you mentioned, but none got answered. Cancelling my booking without my consent is one, not answering e-mails or solving the problem is second and pretending that SnapTravel takes 'customer issues very serious' here on FT makes the company looks even worse.

For all travellers: do not book with SnapTravel. Reading through all the reviews posted in this thread should warn you.

The way SnapTravel cancels a booking.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:14 pm

Snap Travel

Originally Posted by Jaytee1 View Post
Anyone here ever heard of or use snaptravel?

They offered me a hotel rate that I wasn't able to get from any of the other main sites, so I was thinking of giving them a shot.

Just wondering if anybody has had any past experiences with them, i.e. are they legit?
dont ever use snap travel. They advertise rooms one way and what your getting is completely different. Use a legit site to book your travel
Old Jan 24, 20, 11:58 am

Warning ripoff!

WARNING! I booked a hotel room through snap travel this week. I used Snap Travel because they offered the room at the lowest rate. However, when I went to select the room, I noticed that at that rate, there were no refunds. I also noticed that there was another option to pay a higher rate for an upgrade that included free cancelation. I chose that option because I like to be able to cancel if necessary. Well, I became ill a couple of days later, and contacted Snap Travel to cancel my room. They REFUSED to call the hotel & cancel my room. They said that I had to do it myself. I called the hotel and of course they told me that the booking company would have to cancel the room. I sent another message to Snap Travel and told them that I paid the additional fee for the free cancelation option, and the hotel told me that if they called them, they would cancel the room and refund the money to me. Snap Travel STILL refused to help me & cancel the room. I have used online companies many times to make reservations and this is the first time I have had a company flat out refuse to help me with a cancelation, even though I paid more money for the room than they quoted me to have the option to cancel. DON'T USE SNAP TRAVEL UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR MONEY IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL! Use the trusted websites that allow you to can if you need to!
Old Jan 29, 20, 7:53 am

Worst experience ever. They took our money and didnt book the hotel.

Originally Posted by Jaytee1 View Post
Anyone here ever heard of or use snaptravel?

They offered me a hotel rate that I wasn't able to get from any of the other main sites, so I was thinking of giving them a shot.

Just wondering if anybody has had any past experiences with them, i.e. are they legit?
Booked with snaptravel for the first time. My wife and I were going away for her birthday. We turned up at the hotel a few hours earlier than check in to drop off our bags before going sight seeing, to find out that the hotel couldn't find us on their booking system. We contacted snap travel who attempted to sort it. After an hour and a half, still no luck. The hotel only had 1 room left, and after trying to rectify things with snaptravel for 2 hours, we had no choice but to take it, paying much more than we had previously.

Had we turned up at the check-in time, there would have been no rooms left. Snap travel offered us a refund and 20% credits off our next snap travel booking. Like seriously, why would we ever consider booking with them again. There was no gesture if good will as apparently this was outside of their policy.

Ruined our stay, even the hotel was shocked with how they dealt with it.

Pay the extra and go with booking.com or someone else. Definitely dont reccommend. If I could give less than 1 star, I would. Use them at your own risk.
Old Feb 5, 20, 2:16 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus
I have also had a negative experience with Snap Travel. I booked a room in Zurich through Kayak on my smart phone. I quickly received a conformation but realized that the arrival date was off by one day. I immediately contacted Snap Travel. They were very rigid and made no effort to help. Having worked in hotel management for one of the largest hotel chains, I understand third party bookings and how they can be changed. I then contacted the hotel directly and the reservation was immediately changed to the correct date. While you can save some money with Snap Travel, if you need any customer service you may have difficulty.
Old Feb 12, 20, 1:43 pm

Snap Travel Resort Fees

Booked two nights in Williamsburg using my cell phone. The reservation was non-refundable. Looked carefully at any additional fees I must pay. There was no disclosure before I booked. The fees were only disclosed on the email confirmation. I disputed the fees when I arrived to check in. Needless to say I didn't check in, and now disputing the charge with my credit card company.

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
You are contradicting yourself:

Call hotels and book direct, you will always get the best rates. [..]
The scam that Snaptravel does, is selling wholesale rates/inventory that they are NOT authorized to do.
If booking direct would yield the best rate, why are these rates then lower through wholesale?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: