FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Agoda -- Is it reliable or too good to be true? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1782969-agoda-reliable-too-good-true.html)

Analise Aug 5, 2016 1:51 pm

Agoda -- Is it reliable or too good to be true?

I'm trying to get the least expensive rate for the Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport and Agoda offers a rate that is about 1/2 of what I can find on booking.com, hotels.com, hotwire, trivago.com, etc. Is this too good to be true?

Is Agoda reliable or is this a scam because no other website comes close to the pricing Agoda has.

Thanks.

Cris L Aug 5, 2016 2:39 pm

I've booked occasionally with AQODA over the years because sometimes they have fantastic rates, but mainly they have pretty average rates!

Certainly I've had no issues with the reservations made through them.

erik123 Aug 5, 2016 3:58 pm

It's a large OTA so no issue. But make sure to make screenshots and save emails, etc. as they do sometimes offer rates that are incorrect and might not be honored without a fight.

obscure2k Aug 5, 2016 4:28 pm

Moving thread to Online Travel Booking Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Analise Aug 7, 2016 12:56 pm

Good to know. Thanks.

SK AAR Aug 8, 2016 3:31 am

Agoda is a really huge OTA in Asia - I use them all the time. Don't worry.

It may be a mistake rate, but it is unlikely to be a scam.

RTW1 Aug 8, 2016 3:33 am

Never had a problem with Agoda... and the HP isn't bad, just a bit remote.

JohnnyRockets Aug 11, 2016 2:24 am

Beware of hidden tax&fee you don't see until before you pay.

Laci Smith Aug 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Agoda is good, I use it most of my travels. I've also tried Trivago

mcgrath Aug 15, 2016 1:26 am

They're legit. I've used them for hotels in Asia several times without any problems.

Shiv01 Aug 15, 2016 6:25 am

Agoda is legit - I've used them on and off for about 7 years. Sometimes they have smaller rooms and the rates exclude taxes so you do need to read the small print. Enjoy!

catwings01 Aug 15, 2016 11:06 am

They are as big as it gets - owned by Priceline.

Thunderroad Aug 15, 2016 6:00 pm

I've used Agoda a few times when their prices seemed lower than hotel chains or other OTAs. I've had no problems with them.

Travelchurner Aug 16, 2016 12:53 pm

agoda is 100% legit, used many times

roberto99 Sep 11, 2016 2:56 pm

I've used Agoda for rooms in Japan, China, and Hong Kong.

Agoda often adds fees that are shown on the panel that follows the "Book" button next to the room rate that you select.

I actually filed for a price adjustment a week before I headed to HKG. Agoda refunded the difference within a day or 2!

I find Agoda rates to be higher than direct bookings with hotels sometimes (like in Athens)